Can we be deleted as an appointed man, or disfellowshipped without meeting in a committee?

by stuckinarut2 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sorry to hear that stuckinarut,

Hope they put you out of your misery soon by letting you know one way or the other.

Nothing worse than dying in slow-mo. It's often the uncertainty that's the most gut-wrenching to endure. Cruel really.

Course, you could always beat them to the punch by falling on your sword.

Either way, rest assured this is'nt a reflection on you, it's them, it's AALLL them. Sadistic bastards.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That's it!

It happened..... 

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Yay!   It's a relief for sure! Hope it's the same for you matey.  
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    What was the given reason for your deletion?
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Stepping down was a complete and total relief for me. I have never been more at ease and do not miss it one single bit.  Even if it stings for personal reasons, this is nothing but a good thing for you :)
  • Simon
    Simon

They can construe all manner of things to justify their arbitrary action.

I got a not shoved under the door saying they "accepted my disassociation" because I hadn't attended a JC committee that I hadn't been invited to!

When I appealed, they decided that a 3 hour meeting with 6 elders still meant that I was "refusing to meet with them" so decision upheld.

You cannot win when they make the rules, decide where the game will be played and act as referee and score-keeper. If they want you gone then there is little you can do about it.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas
    I remember when I was on my way out and I missed tons of meetings.  They showed up at my door one day as said I can volunteer to step down or they would remove me as a MS.  Not much of an option huh?  So I volunteered as obviously that would look better.  One elder kept asking me if I was doing any kind of sinning that would grieve Jehovah's spirit.  I said no.  Turns out that same elder who asked me that was at the time cheating on his pioneer wife with another pioneer and he got DF'd just a month later.  WOW!  Such a hypocrite!  Made me so sick when I found that out!  
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I've heard of plenty of instances where someone was DFed "in absentia".
  • millie210
    millie210

cant claim this as I read it here on the forum stated by someone else

"basically any 3 elders can decide anything they want."

that is sadly true. 

• brandnew
    brandnew
    @stuckinarut2..... dude, grow a beard, buy a harley, and take the ol lady for a ride......a long one ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit