CO is chasing me . Meeting him tomorrow.

by Ancientofdays 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

Thanks everyone for your comments.
    I will meet this guy , leaving aside the consequences for me.
    I want to clarify with him because I blamed her behavior in the previous visit , and I try to throw a message or call : if you really believe in this organization and you care of it , work to change it , to make it more humane and tolerant, or one day you might assist its dissolution and keeps nothing. Or at least you will be set-aside by the organization for age limits, and you will count nothing.
    (then for me is PLUNK.. )

@XstuckX - Why meet with him? Seems like it would be a lot easier to just say no: I've no answer for this.

@NotNew - For start...why be rude? : Usually I'm not. But this guy, during his visit last year, has tried to involve my wife to make her testify against me, as second witnesses. He has lobbied saying that Jehovah expect this from her, and calling for loyalty to Jehovah, and urging his sense of guilt. Face to face, I will say that it is unethical to use other people as your tools for your purposes. Week after his visit it was announced I am “marked”.

@KateWild and @CultBgone: Special thanks. I'd like your comments insipire me .

@new hope and happiness: LOL. Never seen a CO spending his money …

@breakfast of champions: You touched exatctly one of my points. End is not coming and suddendly, 20 years, you'll be in your 70. What are you doing then ?

@DATA-DOG: good points

@tiki - “fly under the radar” seems like a good metaphor. This is the 4th CO I meet with in the last 8 years, when I started fading.

@cantleave- I would say “I'm sure about evidence, and evidence is that God is used by GB”

@blondie – I think CO would like to solve this “problem”, me, before leaving for another Circuit. I like to see his next move at this point. My wife , she knows all about me, we had lot of conflict in the past years, but now we're stable. She's aware from years that sooner or later I will be DFd or DA.

@Billy – yes will try. Like I did last year...

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Ancientofdays, My suggestions would be to thank him for his concern. Ask him not to talk with your wife without you being present because you are the head of your household. Tell him not to contact you again. You will call him when you want to talk with him. Don''t say anything about how you feel or think.

You might ask him if the WTBTS pays for clergy insurance for him or does he pay for it himself encase he gets sued.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey AOD. If you insist on meeting him, even out of a fight instinct, I understand. Sometimes we lik to see where we can take it. The most important thing to consider is that two witnesses against you do not have to be in the same place at the same time. So be aware of that.

I would however not let him drive the conversation. make some small chit chat......then when it seems as though he is going to do his thing, ask him if he wanted to get together with you to apologize for slandering you to your own wife!

Huh!?

Yes you told my wife you thought I was an apotate, and you also met with her without my consent. Are you interested in my wife? Are you attempting to subvery our marriage or demean the respect she has for me?

Seriously AOD, it comes down to this. If some guy you worked with cornered your wife and told her he thought you were doing a really crappy job and should be fired.....if you didn't beat him up you would at least confront him about it and make it clear that behavior will not be tolerated.

So you should do the same here. Do not let him run things or skip by this issue. Ask him clearly what gives him in his mind the authority to slander a man to his wife, and usurp your headship.

All of that will push his buttons. Don't let us, and get some answers. You already know how to respons to whatever lame nonsense comes out of it.

• freddo
    freddo

It is very rare for a CO to meet up with a fader alone; they don't usually like to do their own dirty washing. 2nd witness or not he will undoubtedly ensure you are disfellowshipped if you do tell him how you feel.

Be careful out there!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I would say “I'm sure about evidence, and evidence is that God is used by GB”

big_smile.png

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

DO NOT MEET.

I was conned into a "Shepherding Visit," and my wife ended up being used against me in a despicable way.

It has created a huge divide.

(She uttered the phrase "If you make me choose between Jehovah's elders and you, I choose Jehovah).

Don't do it.

There is a push on to push out the non-productive - and not just push out, but ensure df'd.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not great idea , its highly likely you could play right into his hands, unless of course you keep the converstaion away from anything JW releated, a CO tried this old trick on me some years back, he and the last CO were on my wifes case although she loved it she sang like a canary about my apostacy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I would meet this man out from his role, alone..... Ancientofdays

.......................................................................................Demands You Be Like The Other..

...........WBT$ C/O JehoBot Witness...........................................JehoBot Witnesses..

............................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You might ask him if the WTBTS pays for clergy insurance for him or does he pay for it himself encase he gets sued......AbibleStudent

As a "Never been a JW" giving advice to a Real JW..

You probably don`t know why thats an extremely bad idea..

Which is why I have repeatedly told you:

"Your not Qualified to give Advice to JW`s"

One day your going to really screw up somebodys life..

It`s only a matter of time..

..................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I would meet with him but just give noncommittal answers. Be very circumspect. Don't give him any ammo to use against you. Be very pleasant. That will take the wind out of his sails and frustrate his planned ambush of you. Whatever he says, just say 'That's an interesting point of view' or 'i'll have to think about that'. Just be a polite and vague as possible. Don't argue or even ask Biblical questions, or pump him for answers. After you meet, he will go away empty-handed. He'll wonder 'What just happened??'. And you will come out the winner. You didn't fall into his trap. He will be expecting you to be antagonistic, so just do exactly the opposite. Anyway, that's my suggestion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit