So my mom called me out on Facebook today

by lriddle80 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• twice shy
    twice shy

honesty It was terrifying the the first time I attended to worship services at a church after I left the JW's.

Ditto, but I was at a good place when they said Jesus sits at the right hand of GOD. This was not the trinity teaching taught in the hall.

@Iriddle80- Well, decided I would live my life with ultimate appreciation for the mercy that Jehovah gave me through Jesus' death. I thanked him for this mercy! I praised him for his loving kindness!! I believed that Jesus was the way to salvation and I knew what that meant! So, I learned the truth. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life! No one can come to the father, except through him

Isn't it perculiar how they just divide that tad bit of information in little bits and pieces tossed here and there. You seem to be in a very good place. You were lost and now are found.

Please check your Pm

Wasn't it so nice to hear them use Jehovah's name in song. We were taught they don't recognize him as GOD ALMIGHTY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAbvVzpLGMk

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Great responce to your mom, if she continues then you can say what Jesus said "that all who believe are gods children" "do not exalt yourselves or Judge" and Paul in 1Cortithians said that thier would be ones that followed Cephas, Apollos over me (Paul) but one should remember its all about Christ. He also said that there would be sects among you so the righteous ones could manifest themselves. No metion of only one true sect, or one righteous sect bt righteous ones.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Those are great points. She ended up quoting 2 Cor 11:14-16 where it says that Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. This was after I told her that all of her "points" made me realize I was a true christian. After she basically said I was satan, I just told her that I am encouraged and that I spoke from the heart and that we should continue to grow spiritually as we do everything to the glory of Jehovah and trust in Jesus works for salvation and to have a great week! Then we "smiled" at each other. She's blind.

• twice shy
    twice shy

Perhaps his greatest light is done through the Witnesses. After all they are the only ones who's light keeps getting brighter and brighter at deceiving the unbelevers. 2Cor. 4:4 the god of this system of things has blinded the mind of the unbelievers that the illumination of the glorious good news about the CHRIST, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

lriddle: This is a great story! Thanks for sharing it.

I had a similar experience, going to a Baptist church. It's good to hear you have found a "church home."

twice shy said: "Wasn't it so nice to hear them use Jehovah's name in song. We were taught they don't recognize him as GOD ALMIGHTY."

My elderette today, told me that it is because of the JW's, that the churches are now acknowledging and using Jehovah's name. Thanks to the JW's, of course! ;) Without them knocking on every door in the world, no one would ever know God's name!

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

good response! I like how you answered her back nicely and without challenging faiths or getting into a religious debate. that could help her down the line. It's amazing to see how much fear she holds in her, both for disfellowshipping and Armageddon. Sad to see that mentality, to have your own mother think all that. The response is typical, paradise, destruction if you don't follow, knowing that this is "the truth". We all share different perspectives.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Again from someone who is godless Your response was awesome! Thank you for sharing.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I would remind your mother that Jesus said that people would know if they were his disciples if they had love for one another, so you are going to where you see love being demonstrated. I doubt any JW ever bought you groceries, that's for sure. And how loving is disfellowshiping, especially if you simply want to leave?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's sad how parents cut themselves off from their kids and fail to see what kind of person they are. All they can think about it what (supposedly) is going to happen at Armageddon to nonbelievers. They don't even have a doctrine about this which makes sense, as they think that the unrighteous alive at Armageddon will be destroyed but all the unrighteous who died up until the second before Armageddon will be revived in the new system.

She ended up quoting 2 Cor 11:14-16 where it says that Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light.

Of course this is a scripture that can be used against anyone. Anything that seems good can be called "satanic in disguise" using this scripture. She doesn't realize that the verse could easily be turned around to point to her own religion.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I wanted to respond with a "ditto" but took the peacemaker route instead. It's not the first time she's called me satan. She has said I worship the devil and once she said that Satan probably answered my prayer. So, once she played the satan card, I knew I had to bow out before I got too upset. We left it on good terms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit