That does it ! I'm leaving ! ! !

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

A belated congratulations to you, Billy, and best of luck for all your future endeavors! I was also a "non-traditional student" when I returned to college. In fact, I was old enough to be father to many of my classmates as well as being older than some of my professors. It made my graduation that much sweeter since I was an old dog who learned new tricks. Anyway, I'm extremely happy for you.

Quendi

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

SLOTruthSeeker: "Billy, you think it's too late for a 50 year old to get their degree just to get it? I would be like a granpa in front of all those kids."

50 is not that far away for me now. Like Quendi, I was old enough to be the dad to most of the other students in my degree program. And we got along just fine. In fact the youngest student and I usually sat together.

For you? I just recommend doing the math of pros/cons to see if it's worth it for you. It's always worth it to learn new things. But going the math/science route that I did requires a serious committment. I'd recommend starting a new thread for yourself here, give some more details, and you'll find lots of us non-traditional exJW students that might have helpful advice.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm resurrecting this thread to announce...

THAT DOES IT ! I'M LEAVING...

...THE RANKS OF THE UNEMPLOYED ! ! !

It's taken a few anxious months, but I've finally landed a job a career. And this has been worth the work and the wait. Just that much more proof that Watchtower is wrong about "higher education"... just like Watchtower is wrong about just about everything.

• singlebaby
    singlebaby

Well, I gotta tell ya something Billy, I don't know ya, but I gotta tell ya that I'm proud of ya and that's that!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done Billy!!!

Did you end up in the Canadian oil sands or somewhere less hostile?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Good work sir. The hard work has paid off, I'm happy for you, and a little bit jealous as I'm still a transparent fixtures maintenance operator. Good for you!

• scoobydont
    scoobydont

Hey Billy ! Congratulations !! I've enjoyed reading your contributions here on JWN.

Glad you didn't leave the BORG to curl up and die as some have, sadly, done.

Now, don't you be like that naughty little boy who left the BORG and got himself a nice degree and then forgot to return to his mentor, the BORG, to say "thank you" for all the "inspiration and motivation" they provided you with !

Enjoy your new life, Captain Billy Bones !

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Well done Billy.

I've no idea who you are, yet I have immense respect for you.

TF1

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Congrats on all you have accomplished! You made your own way, and it feels soooo good doesn't it

I have one more year, then I finsh my masters and I will do a happy dance with ya (hopefully with my own job as well)!!

CHG

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Congratulations Billy. Best wishes for your continued success.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit