That does it ! I'm leaving ! ! !

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 103 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That is fantastic news!

I just caught up on your original post when you started college.

Mid-40s may have seemed like a late time to start, but aren't you glad you did it then!

Personally, I'm pleased to see that you have re-captured so much of your life vs. squandering more of it slaving for the WT Corp.

Good luck to all your future endeavors!

I'd love to hear more details. If you need your anonymity, you're welcome to PM.

Do

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

Well done Billy. This is inspiration for me. I've been considering going to college myself.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

cantleave: "Did you end up in the Canadian oil sands or somewhere less hostile?"

Much less hostile. I'll be staying in the same exciting city! (Sorry I missed your recent visit. Things have been hectic, to say the least.)

scoobydont: "Now, don't you be like that naughty little boy who left the BORG and got himself a nice degree and then forgot to return to his mentor, the BORG, to say "thank you" for all the "inspiration and motivation" they provided you with !"

I think my parents are still hoping for my return to the cult, but that isn't going to happen.

CHG: "I have one more year, then I finsh my masters and I will do a happy dance with ya (hopefully with my own job as well)!!"

After spending so much money to do work in school, it's nice getting paid money to do work at a job.

GreenhornChristian: "This is inspiration for me. I've been considering going to college myself."

Pursuing this degree has been a hell of a committment, but has worked for me so far. Your results may vary.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Huge congrats to you!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Congrats!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh Billy, I am so happy for you!

That is great news! Whichever company you went with, they have got a sure winner with you. You will have like minded people to talk with and associate with too. How's the golfing out there??? lol

Always good to hear from you Billy. Whenever you have a minute, give a shout out to us, your JWN Family.

Love and Hugs from my house, to yours.

I wish you well on your life's journey.

LL

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Congratulations Billy! I am very happy for your success, I hope you love your new career. Sure do miss your posts.

• laverite
    laverite

Billy - I am so thrilled for you. The degree. The job. The hickeys right before graduation. (BTW, did the concealer work? Tell us the story!)

Anyway...You did it. I can't believe how time flies. Another reason why anyone who thinks they might want to pursue their education should explore that possibility very, very seriously.

However old you are, you could wind up four years older with or without that degree you have always wanted. Its never too late. There's no such thing as too old.

The only other thing I would suggest to whomever is thinking about further or higher education is this: Go to the very best college/university you possibly can given your own personal situation. Stay away from for-profit institutions. Go for the real deal.

And as for you, Billy -- I know you went to a great school. Well done, you!!!!

• Adiva
    Adiva

Mazel Tov Billy. Looking forward to sharing a celebratory beer with you.

Adiva

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's taken a few anxious months, but I've finally landed a job a career. And this has been worth the work and the wait.

This is so awesome! Am very happy for you Billy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit