"They've made us debt FREE !!!"

by gingerbread 59 Replies latest jw friends

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

200,000$??? for what? They could construct 6 KH in my country with that amount of money. Not that I care, it's just silly.

About the letter: Ladies and gentleman, this is a giant step for the org, slowly, step by step they introduce a membership fee.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I would suggest that they have become "thinking free." - Oubliette

The human brain can think with lightning speed.

Sadly every new atrocity from the GB sets off a pattern of thought that goes something like this: -

This new arrangement, interpretation of prophecy, new light, means .....

That sounds a bit odd....but....

It's from God's organization and if that's wrong then that would mean this isn't the true religion...

I will have to apologize to my family who told me it's not the Truth and then I shunned them...

That big house on the hill will never be mine after Armageddon...

I am going to get old and die...

What a wonderful new teaching from our loving organization! We are truly blessed!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Like Xanthippe said, to avoid negative thoughts, think stupid ones instead. Much better for the longevity of the cult.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

OK, so thinking out loud:

The branch can scoop up congregations' surplus funds, so there's a nice influx of cash for the WTS;

If the resolved amounts can't be met, there's to be no soliciting of funds but the cong. will be reminded of (guilted about) their pledges.

HOWEVER, rather than the equivalent of the KH loan being paid indefinitely, could it be that the resolved monthly contributions to the Construction work would drop off in the long term? Here's why:

The letter says that if the cong. already has a monthly loan repayment, the elders propose a resolution to at least meet that monthly repayment (no confidential survey taken beforehand - it's only the Halls that don't have loans or current regular payments to the Construction work that take the confidential survey - besides, before a cong. took out a loan with the WTS, a survey was done beforehand anyway). Every May the elders convene to review how the cong. is doing meeting their resolved amount and if it is still realistic for them.

I see this possible scenario. A cong. with a loan/mortgage feels they've had it wiped - that's what p. 1 of the letter says, after all. Whoopee. The elders propose a new resolution matching the monthly loan repayment. But because the pubs. think they don't have to pay back the debt any more, they become less motivated to keep up their donations like before. May comes along and the elders find that, for the previous few months, there has been a shortfall and reminders (guilting) from the stage has done little to address the problem. So they decide to take a new financial survey; publishers pledge less to the Construction work, and a new resolution for a lesser amount is proposed and carried. Next year, rinse and repeat until donations reach some sort of equilibrium well below what was resolved in the 1st year of this new arrangement.

Does this scenario fly? What do you all think?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

ANNOMALY - I think that's exactly what will happen. Even my wife said Who is going to continue to contribute big bucks when it was just read from the stage that there is no more loan repayment?

I mean, we're talking JWs here, the cheapest (and brokest) people on earth.

I'm sure there will be "adjustments."

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

There's a shiny, new KH, less than a year old in my area and the congs using it are by no means well-off. They got a hefty loan from the WTS. At the time it was all in the planning stage I thought it was going to be a HUGE financial burden on them for the next decade or so - how were they going to manage to maintain the payments? They're going to be jumping for joy over this letter and, as sure as eggs is eggs, donations are going to dwindle ... and they still get to enjoy their shiny, new KH!

• losingit
    losingit

You hear what ypu want to hear at Jw meetings.There's no understanding what's being said, so you have to make something up or glean from the top if possible. These jws arr doing just that. And their interpretation/ understanding is excellent! Theyre saying no more $$$ to WT! LOL

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Stupid is as stupid does.

I feel bad for JWs still in, but at some point they become willing victims, and if this is what they are going to support, and will allow WT to continually fleece them, then whatever the outcome it's their own fault.

'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....'

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I am optimistic that the Org's chickens will come home to roost - rapidly!!

Have the Glorious Ones in Brooklyn forgotten what the Great Teacher said?

“Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them." (Matthew 7:15, 16)

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

" They made us debt free" L.O.L only its not funny really. I mean the governing body with there teachings are responsible for so many witnesses living on the poverty line. Wake Up lurking Jehovers Witnesses and smell the coffee and stop giving your money and time to this criminal organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit