"They've made us debt FREE !!!"

by gingerbread 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

redvip2000, they're greedy because as a business, that's simply what they do. The religion is a cult. The Watchtower is a business. The Watchtower's business is to manage a religious cult in which the members sacrifice ALL to the business.

Booze Joe Rutherford would be SO PROUD.

• LogCon
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was told that I was thinking selfishly, when I said that : 1) the bros have less incentive to donate if it is lost in a central pot of money, and not local

2) that if I were a trustee of a local fund, I don't know how I could give the money away to another fund - not the purpose for which it was donated.....

"Worldly thinking".....it all belongs to Jehovah "

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jgnat - "Sometimes organizations behave as though they are intelligent, but they are really just reacting to their environment."

Agreed.

The WTS isn't some brilliant cabal of comic book supervillains (frankly, that would be giving them way too much credit); virtually everything they do is reactive, rather than part of some overarching master plan.

This may come as a surprise to some, but historically, one of the defining characteristics of authoritarian regimes is their incompetence (and, what's more, their increasing incompetence as they enter stagnation and decline)...

...and one of the main reasons for that is that they are almost all ideology-driven, rather than evidence-driven; they function based on what they want their world to be (or how they think it should be), rather than how their world really is.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WT has abundant evidence...it's just invisible.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

...and one of the main reasons for that is that they are almost all ideology -driven, rather than evidence-driven; they function based on what they want their world to be (or how they think it should be), rather than how their world really is. - Vidiot

Well said....

They start believing their own sales pitch. Easy to do when surrounded by yes men.

-TE

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

From jgnat:

"villagegirl, I think you attribute too much intelligence at the top. Sometimes organizations behave as though they are intelligent, but they are really just reacting to their environment. Like jellyfish."

What I have thought for a long time.

How do you get to the top in the WT? With vision and leadership skills, the ability to inspire confidence?

No, you get there by being a yes man, not the profile of a visionary leader.

They need someone with the skills of a true leader, and their power structure has made that impossible for decades.

When the blind lead the blind, you get a dynasty of assholes.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" No, you get there by being a yes man, not the profile of a visionary leader."

So true! In fact, the qualities of a leader are actually discouraged! As flawed as he was, Boozerford was not afraid of being a leader. All the individuals that left when Boozerford took over were also "leaders" in a way. They were people who smelled the BS because they were not "yes men." Some of them went on to lead their own flocks.

After they left Boozerford's regime, all that was left were the more timid, docile, followers. Those people were not leaders. Those non-leaders gave birth to, and recruited more non-leaders. That cycle has continued down to this day. The WTBTS is basically ran by ideological in-breeders and the gene-pool is seriously lacking, especially since they kill most of the superior offspring out of superstitious devotion to Jeehoober of the Watchtower Inc.

DD

• Stirred
    Stirred

i miissed Sunday and attended other hall last night. They asked congregation to drop their donation slips in the time box. Perhaps that is direction my hall is going. They werent sire last Thursday.

i dont know why this issue bothers me so when there are so many other issues. I guess if i cannot reason this smaller one it makes it uard to reason on bigger ones.....like last week an extended family member tells me their Bible study conductor tells them that if they dont pioneer after baptism, he probably wont be hamging out with him much.

Give us/them your money without questioning, but don't expect friends if you don't pioneer or reach out for more "privileges."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "The WTBTS is basically ran by ideological in-breeders..."

"Ideological in-breeders"...

...that's really clever; I gotta remember that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit