"They've made us debt FREE !!!"

by gingerbread 59 Replies latest jw friends

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Great thread. Marked

• jgnat
    jgnat

It just dawned on me that the blood ransom works pretty well the same way.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

gingerbread: Now they realize that they have lost control of where their contributions will be applied.

Except they never had control. That was just an illusion. Now even the illusion of control has been taken away.

It's time to review: It's a cult!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

One thing is for certain, Financial Surveys by the WTBTS of its members (Jehovah's Witnesses) are here to stay!

Note what the March 29, 2014 BOE letter (page 2) says more than likely each BOE congregation will be doing on a regular basis:

'If necessary, the elders may take a new financial survey, as described above, to determine whether the resolved monthly contribution to Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall construction worldwide should be adjusted for the coming year.'

By the way, the above quote was kept secret and not read to the congregations.

• Stirred
    Stirred

By the opening and subsequent wording, it appears to me they are trying to obfuscate the real issue: the "resolution" we are to vote on either as a group or personally, is to agree to respond as REQUESTED (per written instructions), for a MONTHLY SET DONATION. In otherwards, they want to avoid using the word, "solicit" in this "request," but it is in fact the same thing. Should I have the opportunity tonight, I may very well ask one or ore of the following questions: 1. Is this solicitation or request for a voluntary monthly donation for a set term or indefinite, for my whole family or for each baptized member of my family? 2. By writing this down, will this constitute a promise or vow to Jah for this sepecific amount for a set term or indefinitely? 3. How is this different from a solicitation of money which we claim we do not do? Ho wcan rhis not be seen as compulsion to commit ourselves? Definitions: re·solve riˈzälv,-ˈzôlv/ verb gerund or present participle: resolving

1. settle or find a solution to (a problem, dispute, or contentious matter). "the firm aims to resolve problems within 30 days"
      synonyms: settle, sort out, solve, find a solution to, fix, straighten out, deal with, put right, put to rights, rectify; More
    2. decide firmly on a course of action. "she resolved to call Dana as soon as she got home"
      synonyms: determine, decide, make up one's mind, make a decision More

SOLICIT

• freddo
    freddo

Now in USA and European cities the CO can sell cong A KH (own hall for years not sharing) and tell them to share with cong B and (maybe C)

Society make $100,000's. Cong A shares a hall with the KH of B (and maybe C)

Take a city with ten congs in 6 halls. They can make it nine congs in 4 halls, sell two.

Loadsamoney for Society/a few elders to spread about.

Elders can't say "it's our hall" so easily - after all "mother" really owns it now and the branch decides what is to be done with it.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I don't quite get the bottom line of this greed. Typically, someone needs to be making money on a personal level to drive this hunger for more money.

Looking at the people that lead the Org and the seemingly average resources they have, it doesn't make much sense. One could say that business needs and a cash flow problem could be driving this, but that's also hard to believe as well, because of the influx of cash from real estate sales.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This all look like Monopoly!

Go back to jail!

Gorby

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

"They", meaning the secretive top brass also known as the "Governing Body",

are formulating some "Shock and Awe", plan, and they need money.

They will go after youth, children and teens, with some enticement.

Some new media related thing; to stem the hemorrhaging

of youth out of the WT.

• jgnat
    jgnat

villagegirl, I think you attribute too much intelligence at the top. Sometimes organizations behave as though they are intelligent, but they are really just reacting to their environment. Like jellyfish.

http://factsanddetails.com/world/cat53/sub338/item1259.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit