"They've made us debt FREE !!!"

by gingerbread 59 Replies latest jw friends

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

So proclaimed the brother that read the WT letter tonight that explained the new Kingdom Hall funding arrangement.

Everyone in the Hall claps .... well, like it was the last talk on the District Convention.

He says 'What bank would wipe out a debt of $200,000 ??? Only Jehovah's Organization! Isn't this wonderful !!!"

ginger

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!! It's the Jubilee year!!! Huzzah!!!! What bank could legally continue to charge you forever?!?!?

DD

• Magnum
    Magnum

I swear I see more and more every day what idiots they are. "Wipe out a debt" - what??? They just extended the debt into perpetuity.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Dumb as a rock

• scary21
    scary21

LOL lol lol ............You no longer have a house payment. You will now have what we call a house contribution . It will be be the same amount of money as your house payment. It will never be paid off. and never go away...............Wow, thank you ,sounds great.......,I am so blessed

Reminds me of the commercial on tv......Even kids know when it's not fair.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

When a debtor makes payments on a loan, they eventually pay it off, even if this takes a very long time! When it is paid off, they do not continue to make payments. Duh!

On the other hand, if a lender cancels or forgives a debt, the debtor would no longer make payments. (Unless of course they are a moron.)

In this new "arrangement," congregations--and by extention, the congregation members--are being asked to make ongoing payments in perpetuity. They will never end!

Only an idiot would think this was "debt free."

I would suggest that they have become "thinking free."

The lack of clear, critical thinking skills among "Jehovah's people" is quite notably absent.

As someone once said, "Let's review: It's a cult!"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have no response for stupidity. This young man is not destined to be a CPA.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Scary21... And no matter how many decades you keep paying, you cannot sell and benefit from these decades of paying, because you do not own it.

And to think I used to be brain dead, too.

Gingerbread... All those clapping.

Did they think they no longer had to contribute?

Did they really think "Mother Watch Tower" would give any of her children, something for free???

Or was it just the emotional orgasmic way the Bro reading the letter, said it, giving everyone a Religious High?

Clapclapclapclapclap ...

How embarrassing.

I used to clap like a zombie too.

LL

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

So my adult child was excited about it because they NEEDED THE FUNDS yes indeed to set up a new translation department in one of the pricier areas of our state. I remarked about the gazillions of dollars recently made on the sale of NY properties and was given that answer...and I reiterated, but It Doesn't Make Sense, they just brought in milions and millions of dollars. I got the pissed-off glare and I commented to the receding person, I don't care how mad you are, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Let's see if that sinks in.

• scary21
    scary21

CultBegone, I wonder once they get the money, how tight will they be with the purse strings. How much do you want to bet KH's will get refurbished every 30-40 years lol ....New translation department will be in a rented trailer........

Lois, forgot about that part yes, after years of paying you can sell and have a nice nest egg or how about a reverse mortgage where you can have income for life.

Poor JW's are being screwed ,period! Clap Clap Clap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit