Feeling disloyal

by stirred but not shaken 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Welcome SBNS.

I to was a faithful JW for 50+ years and feared loosing all the "friends" I knew worldwide. Taking some distance allowed me to see they were not friends...only close coreligioneers who don't want anything to do with me...they only loved the JW I was...Thanks for posting and I look forward reading more from you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stirred: This, of course, leaves the leadership of this organization suspect.

Welcome!

It is interesting, is it not, that once we begin to tug ever so gently on one or two threads of WT "theology" the whole fabric begins to unravel!

I'm glad you and your wife are on the same page as you begin to experience the conditional nature of "the love of the brotherhood."

Oubliette

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

35+ years for me. Welcome aboard, what an encouraging experience

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Thank you for telling us a bit of your story. Courage!

The Gingerbread family mirrors yours. Watchtower lifers, 'good examples' and well known.

We see the process like being on a merry-go-round. After we stepped off we were 'dizzy' and sick to our 'stomachs'. We look back at our lifelong 'friends' and still feel a closeness; but it's just not the same.

After living a year in JW inactivity, I understand that everyone does indeed have free will. We can love and trust ourselves, enjoy each day for what it is and cherish each moment.

The real challenge is changing how we think.

Best - - ginger

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

stirred but noit shaken

I spent 60+ years also as a dub before I got ttatt. 20 years as an elder. Too many things that didn't add up. My wife is still in but will not give up on her. Many on this site are much younger than us and saw ttatt before we did, but us "old dogs" can learn new tricks!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Shaken, I was in for 30 years and my husband 58 so we understand what it feels like to believe something for most of your life and then to wake up and find out it is a lie. It does get better and one of the things that helped us was to find interests and that will help you meet new people that will not judge you or put conditions on your friendship. It also helps to read what you can about this religion and also to read biographies of former JW's.

Hang in there because it does get much better with time. I would love to hear more from you.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Stirred, I learned TTATT at 61. I read Ray Franz's "Crisis of Conscience" through the night and was out of WT at 5 AM the next morning.

I do not like liars. I do not like being scammed, used and abused. I do not like those who do it.

I have seen much cruelty and double standards.

Wait on Jehovah is a saying by which it means nothing will happen. Someone just got a free JW... Get out of Jail Card, again.

When I "forgot" lol, to go back to meetings etc. it was terribly lonely, at first, and a little scary. It is still lonely now, but less so.

It is wonderful to wake up on the weekends and not have to go in service or to meetings.

Being "normal" is fantastic!

Freedom to think, is priceless.

I wish you well in your journey of Life with your wife.

LoisLane

PS No one who knew me, would ever think I would leave. But I did!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Welcome!! Don't worry about those feelings of disloyalty to YHWH the maniacal desert Thought-form. They will go away, and you will remain.

"I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"

DD

• Ding
    Ding

In some ways, the WT's most potent enemy is its own publications.

• label licker
    label licker

Glad you made it here and hope you find encouragement from this site. We found what helped us to get out and stay out was the insight in to the scriptures that the friends here have. Ones like The Searcher, Blondie, Terry, JW Facts, gosh there are so many honest hearted ones to name a few. Now there's one more to add to the list. Looking forward to reading your posts. Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit