Embarrassed by Aggressive Apostates

by ShempLives 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Well said, LisaRose.

For every "crazy apostate" there are thousands, if not more, perfectly calm ex-JWs that have moved on and put this experience behind them.

• ShempLives
    ShempLives

"The voiceless and the Invisible often act irrationality out of sheer desperation."

well said, exwyzee. I can see the desperation fueled by alcohol in some you tube videos.

The irrational behavior repels and scares people. I know not all apostates are crazed but when Some high profile "famous" ones like to get dramatic and make scenes, and a vocal minority of the xjw community is egging them on.

thanks for your responses joe, zohar, Lisa, rebel8, Oubliette

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome ShempLives.

Personally I regard myself as a dissenter who could no longer go along with Watchtower apostasy or "spiritual unfaithfulness" primarily in the form of rejecting the whole gospel (or full Good News) in favour of apostate legalism, moralism, ethnocentrism and supremacist Gnosticism.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, Shemp! I agree with many of your sentiments. In either Brother Franz's first or second book, he decried such behavior.

• ShempLives
    ShempLives

Oubliette: Yes, that "somebody" is the WTBTS leadership.

By "somebody will go too far," I mean the rabid apostates will go too far with these stunts and a JW or bystander is going to get physically hurt or land in jail. The WT has hurt lots of people and I get the anger. you can make your argument without acting like a boor. I'm appalled that so many "famous" apostates are encouraging this. they're only going to start fights and make the JWs look like victims.

I was making a little joke about the "WT having a "Bite mark". Ha ha. :)

That's a very nice picture of a duck! :D

• ShempLives
    ShempLives

Thank you Fernando, Lisa Rose, Listner, Londo, Ignorance is Bliss & girl next door and all who responded. I'm relieved some of you share my sentiments. I was starting to get the sense of an angry mob emerging from the online XJW community.

I'm glad this forum is here. You have done amazing research & writing and I do appreciate the hard work that goes into maintaining JWN. <3

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just antics for attention, most people who were booted out of the JWS have a grudge and want to get back in some way or another.

Sites like You Tube is just one.

• Fernando
    Fernando

A phenomenon I have observed is that many really need to vent in a safe and anonymous place like JWN, but show great restraint, repect and patience when face-to-face and trying to help a captive JW see the truth.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Two ends of the spectrum, Ray Franz-------Danny Hazzard. There is no doubt in my mind which one was more effective.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good point Gregor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit