How I Ended Up On JWN...

by Divergent 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

This is the story of how I ended up here on this site...

I was stuck in a situation where reaching out took forever, an eternity. It was ridiculous - no matter what I did, there was always more to do. I felt like a donkey chasing a carrot dangling off a stick in front of me - no matter how hard I tried & exerted, I would never be able to reach it. The elders were picky, fault-finding, over-analyzing my life, finding reasons as to why they should not give me further privileges, instead of looking at my positive qualities & finding reasons as to why they should (there were many). I did qualify, I was very sure of it. Unfortunately, I was a victim of congregation bureaucracy, having my spiritual progress hampered by elders who seemed to be intent on giving me a hard time

Reaching out & not getting there had a reverse effect on me. I was frustrated, tired, & drained. Instead of trying harder & doing more, I slacked off. I am an individual who needs constant motivation, and not attaining what I was reaching out for was a definite motivation killer

Things could have turned out differently, though. If I had been helped to make further advancement by the elders, I would be an elder myself by now & I wouldn't be here. If I had married a lovely, zealous pioneer sister, we could be pioneering happily together & I wouldn't be here. I could have easily ended up NOT being here if things had worked out better

It's ironic how my joy was killed by congregation bureaucracy, & as a result, I found my way here...

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Injustice - you see the MS and Elders around and there qualities. You compare to your qualities - injustice.

My story is very simluar. I am like the monkey on the left side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd6_HJQOV1I

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just Kidding, I did make elder but wasn't really thinking I needed to be one. I gave my heart and soul to the lying publishing company cult because I thought that was the way God wanted it. I got "out" mostly because of seeing things from an insider point of view.

But I get what you are saying. No matter how much you gave, they said it wasn't right or wasn't good enough.

Screw them. Glad you are here.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome.

It's a good thing that you ended up here. You will expand your knowledge and get closer to the truth.

The only problem is that you are here because you didn't get things your way. You are here because someone didn't tickle your ears. Maybe the elders made the right calls. Maybe you are not ready, which is good, you never want to be ready.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

That goes to show that you were a goat all along. Self-seeking, haughty, and puffed up with pride. The holy spirit knew all along and was working with the elders to keep them from recommending you.

Sorry, I fell back into JW mode for a minute.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Thanks for sharing. Many of us have walked down a similar path.

You've lived through some of the pain of being part of this organization. You are not a victim. It's how the WT machine works.

Plenty of us have been full-time pioneers or elders and found ourselves in moral and ethical dilemmas. This frustration (and cognitive dissonance) with our relationship to the people in the congregation and the directives of the man made Organization causes us to examine our religion.

Many continue to stay in the Organization - hoping their situation is unique or that they need to work on their own spirituality by increasing their activity.

Some (like myself) decided to research - the history of the Watchtower Society and to read the scriptures (particularly the words of Jesus) by themselves.

Take your time. Be patient. Keep your doubts & reservations private. Educate yourself.

Welcome to the journey!

ginger

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I joined the JWs at 25 and was a JW for 20 years, pioneered, and married a pioneer sister. I was never an elder or MS. My ex was told that I wasn't "maleable" enough to "make progress".

I took that as a compliment.

W

• stillin
    stillin

I didn't end up here. If I notice a real attempt on the part of the JWs to correct some of their two-faced ways, I might take an interest again. Or not. I don't understand why personal observations, made from a clean heart and expressed among friends are so off-limits.

I'm really not so sure that Christianity in general is the one and only way to get a clean bill of spiritual health from a loving God. Too many possibilities and why does a person always have to hear it from another "authority?" Why limit what an all-powerful God can do?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Just Kidding, Isn't it wonderful, how life works out, sometimes???

If they had accepted you, you would be a drone, that has to love Caleb, and hate his magical plastic toy , so he threw it away so that he could please Jehovah, the Israelite God of War, but it is still okay to go to The Magical World of Disneyland or Walt's Magical Kingdom in Florida, Walt Disney World.

You would also have to believe the Watchtower story of Steve and Selma, that Selma deserved to be smacked around.

Let us not forget as a baptized, dedicated Witness to God, you would have to hate all gay and lesbian people. Hate, hate, hate.

Also, if your friends, loved ones, relatives... slack off, for whatever reason (no reason is acceptable) from serving the Great and Almighty God aka Governing Body, COBE, bitching sisters at the KHall, you shall and will be shunned. No more backyard BBQ's or beach parties for you!

If you were in you would have to believe that the Watch Tower's masturbating video, is not laughable, but a good thing for sign language people. Obviously adult sign language people cannot read English or Spanish and how many other languages are out there, and they need to be warned of this vile and filthy danger.

Danger you say???

If you are out, then you comprehend the dangers children are in with predators at the KHall. There are sexual deviants at the KHall right now.

But if you are "in", you have to accept, that children lie about sexual matters, and WT/GB has every right, to stand by their 2 person rule. Why Elder So-in-so, would never do such a thing. What? Someone is accusing that nice Sis XXXXX of what??? That brother has been serving Jehovah for decades. How dare you say such things about him/her!

So Just Kidding, I am happy that you are out, but I am even happier, that LoisLane is o u t .

and 3 gold stars to ALL of US, smart, caring, normal people!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

However you ended up here I am glad you did. Many people have been pushed out of the religion by picky, fault finding elders. It would be a good thing, except for the heartache involved and the fact that not all come to learn TTATT.

Welcome.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit