Is it okay for JW to take Medical Marijuana?

by Iamallcool 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212

I live in CO, I have my medical marijuane license. My hubby doesn't know, BUT, when it became legal several years ago, a young Bro said he called to find out, he said that the Gods of Bethel said as long as you don't inhale(haha kidding) as long as you don't smoke it, it's ok... But you lose your privlages.. As if doing anything for the Borg is a privlages!! Haha!!

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Can somebody make the JW.Org symbol to appear Cannabis freindly? I mean this new logo is a demontration of unconscious desire to embrase the Information Age(internet),even though they are slow learners. Make the symbol that not only a sign for embrasing the Information age, but one of exceptance, peace & love. Kind of hippieish, with an open mind whose brains are leaking out or something.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I have a friend who is an elder in California and he told me they had that question in their congregation They wrote the branch And the reply was yes as long as it is legal and you don't advertise the fact.

In smoking form? I imagine being acceptable in another form, but i HIGHLY doubt it will be acceptable to smoke it even if it's legal.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I imagine being acceptable in another form, but i HIGHLY doubt it will be acceptable to smoke it even if it's legal.

Considering that appearance is so important to JWs, I agree that it will probably never be okay for someone with chronic pain to take out a prescribed blunt and start smoking it. At least not until well after beards are allowed....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

They wrote the branch And the reply was yes as long as it is legal and you don't advertise the fact.

This is one of the things that has always driven me nuts about people in the Borg. Why so many need to make private things public, or get everyones seal of approval on it.

If I have some pain or disease and a doctor prescribes some medication for it, do I have to go and tell everyone what I am taking? Other than the blood issue, why would/should anyone care? If you smoke it, inhale it, inject it or whatever ... why should that be an issue? Because heroin users inject themselves with a drug, does that mean a diabetic person should question whether he should inject insulin?

Here in the US as in many countries, most medecines that a doctor prescribes are "illegal" on their own. Most are controlled substances. Many do in fact alter the brain functions as mentioed above (opium, morphine, etc.).

I guess it just comes from the mentality that you have to discuss so many personal things in the JDub world and get the approval of the group( medication you are taking, what hotel you stayed at during the assembly, what sexual positions you do, etc).

I have lived with this all my life but still don't fully understand it.

Rub a Dub

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

They don't want to risk getting in trouble if someone smells something funny on them RubaDub (or someone learns that they are doing yoga or whatever the source of the concern is).

A few are genuinely concerned about missing out on eternal life if they made Jehovah sad.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Rubadab ...you say " i have lived with this all my life but still dont fully understand it"

Answer: you cant choose who you fall in love with and thats even more true with religion.( Even if ithat religion had got weaknesses in all departments)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Answer: you cant choose who you fall in love with and thats even more true with religion.( Even if ithat religion had got weaknesses in all departments)

new hope ...

I could take that thesis and write a book given the time.

Very interesting thougts.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit