Time to move on, my last post on JWN....

by JustHuman14 26 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I wish you the best too. Take care.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I post less than I did and yet still quite a bit. I get that ex-JW stuff is not for everyone or it is a temporary "harbor" for some. I suppose it is healthy to let go of letting go and just GO. If I achieved my main goal of getting my wife out of the lies, I am certain I would not have to make an absolute exit from JWN but would fade from here as I faded from the Kingdom Hall. Difference being that I would retain contact with my wonderful ex-JW friends and I would update now and again on how things are going.

But that's me. I hope everyone finds their way, and I wish you the best.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

All the best on your journey JH wherever it may lead you.

It may have felt like it would have been easier to stay in the cong, but you chose the most courageous path instead.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Best Wishes and Happy Life!!!

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

goodbye and take care of yourself justhuman - I agree that the truth is out there together with and entangled with harsh reality - my antidote is to listen to/read some Slovaj Zizek as he maps the way though the predicament so well while providing a good laugh at myself at the same time.

• sir82
    sir82

You're quitting because you don't understand the meaning of the word "theory" & got called on it?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/279335/1/The-Fossil-Record-vs-God-Allowing-Pain-Suffering

Well, OK.

But you won't get far in life if every time someone points out that you are ignornant of something, you sulk and leave in a huff.

• steve2
    steve2

Sir82 - ouch! Go gentle, please. Allow your fellow humans the dignity of being able to take their leave. Your word "sulking" is hardly apt here. JH had the courtesy to start a thread to say goodbye with no reference to the other thread. A person who sulks would not do that.

• jeandeau
    jeandeau

All the best. I miss Oompa very much also. I cried for a week after the news. He was a special character. He had difficulties outside of those connected to the JW issues but the shunning was too heavy for him to bear. I regret this; the love of many on this site was not enough to heal the bleeding wound in his heart. It would not heal because those he loved in his family , who would not reciprocate his love, feared men more than God and toed the Jehovahs Witness line of shunning any former member who would speak up against the fallacy and hatred within the church. His blood and that of hundreds more is upon the men who dictate the policies of the church and perpetuate vile errors rather than modestly accept truth modesty or love. My life was pretty much ruined by the doctrines and then the shunning. I wish I had the strength and formation earlier in life to make a radical break from the Borg and the tentacles it weaves into one's mind and consciousness. Likewise, I also am moving on because there is so much happiness to be found out there in life and joy to be discovered. God is not found in any church preaching down from on high. God touches and teaches each of us individually through our heart and reaches upwards from us and outwards to embrace our neighbours and community.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Thanks for your comments all:

I agree with you yadda yadda, I feel just about the same...

And finaly Sir82, do you really believe that I'm leaving the forum, due to a depate????? By the way theory(Θεωρία) is a Hellinic word? Do you know the EXACT meaning of that word???? Without google it or search on line?

In many of my posts I said that I accept the Evolution Theory as a concept. But there is something beyond that as well. I was raised with the Books Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and many other Hellenic Philosophers, that you are not aware with, and most of all, I have learned in order to reach for a conclusion to QUESTION EVERYTHING....

Thousands of years before Darwin, Greek Philosophers and Scientists, have set the foundations of the Evolution Theory. The entire Western Civilazation, is based upon the Hellinic Culture. Democracy, Architecture, Philosophy, and is not an accident that the majority of the words and terminology for Astronomical, Medical, Maths, Science are all Greek(Hellenic is the correct word). Do you know why? Try to talk about Darwin's Evolution without using a single Hellenic word, or become a doctor without using the Hellinic language... lets see if you can do that...

Thank you all for your comments, but is time to move on....

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Just a final contribution for my friend Oompa, and also a friend for many of us in this forum. A PM that he send me, and I feel I want to share it with all of you.

I don't know where you are Eric, but we will never forget you....until we meet again

" i have followed your story, but that slipped my mind. if me and my wife dont work things out maybe i can be you room mate!....i have always wanted to go to greece and your islands...i love to sail and have wanted to charter a yacht there someday. How old are your kids? It will not take long before they realize you were smart to leave...and they will want more freedom for sure by their teens. I feel there is nothing wrong with undermining everything JW that your wife tries to brainwash them with...tell them to wait till they are older to make religious decisions for themselves...no kid should have to believe what he is told by parents about such a major idea....good luck friend....go and be happy......eric"

[email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit