Ladies - how often should you wash your hair??

by quellycatface 40 Replies latest jw friends

• tiki
    tiki

This is interesting - around these parts you are considered a dirty slovenly slob if you don't wash your hair at least once a day. And the ardent gym-goers do theirs every morning (shampoo, shower, blow dry - off to work) then after work hit the gym, run home and shower and shampoo then.....next morning the whole routine all over. And they get this dull crackly horrible looking hair and don't know why. Duh.

I go 3 - 4 days between and in the cold winter months longer - I stretch it out as long as I can. My hair is super-long, lush and healthy precisely because I do not abuse it!

I one time read that if you want long glorious hair, treat it like fine old lace - NOT like denim. it works! Oh - a Fekkai products are absolutely the best. I also go for good ole Tresemme.........l'Oreal products.

• rebel8
    rebel8

around these parts you are considered a dirty slovenly slob if you don't wash your hair at least once a day

Really?! I haven't heard that sentiment since I was a teen. I figured it was true when I was in puberty but not after that, and maybe the same for others. Never knew that was true for adults. Wow, if I washed my hair every day, it would be straw.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

sodium laureth sulfate used in shampoos, also removes dried paint

from paint brushes, look for shampoo that does NOT contain this ingredient

known and proven to cause hair loss.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I'm a guy but I have long hair. I make my own shampoo, that I usually use 2-3 times a week, consisting of 1/4 cup coconut milk(The real thing. Not that canned or sweetened from a carton crap), 1/3 cup Dr. Bronners Liquid castile soap, 1/2 of a teaspoon of Vitamin E, a dozen drops or so of orange essential oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. I also use equal parts Braggs Apple cider vinegar to water once or twice a week. Not to brag, but most women say they wish they had my hair. lol

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I just read that you should only wash the scalp part of your head and the hair over it. If it is long like mine is, waist length, you should not wash that hair, only rinse and condition it. I basically do that already. The hair that is past my hairline is pretty healthy and shiny. I wash my hair two times a week, sometimes three. When I was a teenager with oily skin and hair, I washed my hair everyday. During the summer, sometimes I washed my hair twice a day.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

wearewatchingyouman, how does your shampoo leave your scalp and hair feeling? Smelling?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When I was a teenager, I mostly used Clairol Herbal Essence for Oily Hair. I loved the way Herbal Essence smelled. Mom bought Ogelvie conditioner for me though.

"I smell the garden in your hairrr." CSN Marakesh Express. I wonder if it's because she washed her hair with Clairol Herbal Essence.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I use WEN and love it. I have fairly long and thick hair. About three years ago I was losing some hair and switched over to WEN and it changed my hair. I don't have to get it cut as often because it is much healthier now. I wash it every other day unless I am staying home and sometimes I put WEN lavender oil on and leave it in overnight. It takes some getting use to because it does not suds but feels like conditioner.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Our family used these, too. Both the shampoo and conditioner:

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Flyinghighnow- On the days I use the Apple cider vinegar my hair basically has no smell to it at all. When I don't it has a faint citrus and coconut smell. As far as the feeling it's silky smooth. Before I used the vinegar it sometimes had the tendency to get a little waxy feeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit