Ladies - how often should you wash your hair??

by quellycatface 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I was a teenager I had to wash my hair once a day partly because it was that greasy and partly because it would stink like the barn after doing my morning chores. Didn't want to go to school smelling like the barn.

When I was going into the office every day, I would wash my hair every other day (so Mon, Wed, Fri).

Now that I work from home, I'm a complete slob. I wash my hair Fri and Sun. I might wash it mid-week as well if it's buggin' me or if I work out.

If I'm going into the office say one day during the week, I'll wash my hair that day. Oh yeah, and I will shower too.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I thought you had to be blonde to be a Breck girl. Vogue and Mademoiselle kept talking about how great Phyto products were. It is a French company. I could not afford it. When I graduated school, I splurged on Phyto. I never learn. It did not give me super model hair. Pantene was once very expensive. I did temp typing at Hoffman LaRoche. They made Pantene. I was able to get it for fifty cents a bottle. It did not work wonders.

Once I used a black hair product on my baby fine hair. I could not wash it out no matter what I did. The hairstylist who was black found it hilarious. Other stylists were laughing.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

One advantage of washing your hair every other day instead of every day is that you cut your exposure to chemicals in shampoos by 50%. Check out some of those ingredients on the Environmental Working Group's website: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

As a teen-20s or so it was 2x a day most days! Super fine straight hair got oily so fast! But it was healthy due the oils. Now that it is grey I have drier hair with more body so I can go 2 days, 3 it begins to show the oils again. When I was pregnant and couldn't even roll over in bed without getting sick so I would go weeks without washing my hair. I had no energy to do so. By the time the baby is born and I am showering again my hair is in really healthy shape! The oils are very good to leave in, but I could noly do so when I was not in public.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Though I am a male, I want to add that many in the know seem to swear that extra virgin coconut oil is excellent for the hair. Has anyone here tried it?

• talesin
    talesin

BOTR

The only designer shampoo I ever liked (never needed conditioner) was Sassoon. Interestingly, the crew I hung with in my 20s for girls night out (ha, yes I was married at one time) were all hairdressers, and I learned a lot. A mild shampoo, even a drop of dish soap in a 1/2 cup of warm water, is all we need for caucasion, average straight hair (which is my type). That is me. :))

Hortensia

So true, and I had forgotten that was an issue. Another good reminder would be about hair dyes. It's a good idea to google the facts on that one. My understanding is that it is (or may be, do your own research foks, always!) a cause of brain cancer.

Wonderment - hey, I'ma gonna try that.

tal

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The best way for a girl to wash her hair . . .is to never wash it herself. Her man should be washing it and/or brushing it out every night with a boar's head brush.

Skeeter

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Living in Florida usually means washing daily. However, I no longer shampoo; just condition. Works great on long, wavy, healthy hair.

When I'm up north, every other day works.

• finally awake
    finally awake

even at 43, my hair is so greasy that I have to wash it every morning. If I wash it at night, it's greasy again by morning. I've tried letting it go for several days when I don't have to go out in public to see if the oil production would slow down. It's unbelieveably gross after 2 days, stringy and wet looking. It never stops producing oil.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Wow @ finally awake! Must be hormonal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit