Ladies - how often should you wash your hair??

by quellycatface 40 Replies latest jw friends

• jeandeau
    jeandeau

Breck Shampoo!! Wow! I must share what I saw on TV last night. An actress who modelled for Breck Shampoo many years ago was a guest on the television show, "Les Enfents de le Telé" on CBC Canada French channel. A clip of the Breck advertisement was shown. We see her lovely hair laying soft and almost floating behind and beside her across a sofa or such. The actress said it required four hours of brushing to get her hair to look like that, and that for a sequence where she does not have to move much. Cheers

• Heaven
    Heaven

Everything is scripted... especially ads.

I showered and washed my hair this morning. It's Friday!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Bella, mine was the same at 42. I believe it is more genetic than hormonal.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I see a big difference in post shampoo products. My hair is not normal. When I was in bad pain, it became curly. I need to change the volumizing spray every so often. It does not seem logical when the hair we see is dead.

A gf went to beauty school and decided to stop do anything. Her hair looks as though she spent a fortune coloring it. I wish the govt. regulated beauty products more carefully. There is a big deal about silicone in primers and f'd'n.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

I have had an obsession with hair products over the years, I have tried so much stuff I could've opened up my own beauty supply store, lol.

My hair has definately changed in texture since I've had kids and as I'm getting older. I've been growing it out, I usually have kept if fairly short but I've got it about shoulder length now. Its very dry and damaged at the moment, very frizzy and unmanagable. I have moved to a climate that my hair absolutely hates, it has been a nightmare to deal with since I've been here. I wash it every other day and I always dread combing it out after I wash it from all the tangles, even after conditioning it. I'm going to get some Aveda products this week and see if it helps.

• rebel8
    rebel8

As little as possible, usually 3x a week. I have curly hair, so it's naturally dry. I have to add oil to my conditioner and styling products.

Nikki and innerpeace, do you know about this book? I highly recommend it. Do the things she suggests, even if they sound ineffective. It's pretty shocking how right she is, especially about sulfate-free shampoo, styling products, and not interfering with the curl pattern.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I've never tried Aveda products. B/c I color my hair, I use Redken products. The initial purchase price is high but it is so cncentrated a bottle will last many months. I believe it is cheaper than L'Oreal in the lng run. Sometimes I forget and pour too much.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

You mean that there are people who do not wash their hair everyday?

Weird. Mine is gross if not washed everyday.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

I haven't seen that book before rebel8, I will check it out, thanks. I need all the help I can get, lol. I have heard sulfate based shampoos are bad for your hair, they strip the natural oils out. Someone on here mentioned the Wen products, I haven't tried them and have been curious if they're any good.

BOTR, I know Aveda has a shampoo/conditioner for color treated hair. Their products smell amazing.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I use L'Oreal sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. Works great & is a lot less expensive than Wen.

That book will change your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit