G.B. ARRANGED A MEMORIAL WITHOUT EMBLEMS!

by The Searcher 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

Does it say anywhere that we need to gather to celebrate? My first thought if disease is really a threat, why couldnt this be a family affair? The original passover was held in each private home. Couldnt just the family have a small dab of wine, even make the "bread" together that day.

As for annointed, they could do the same. Just partake at thier own home that evening.

Seems like this story is flawed.

• bigmac
    bigmac

emblems--why the word emblems

is the word emblems mentioned in the bible--? or is this yet another watchtower word we just have to keep on using ??

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So much for being willing to die for you faith, what a bunch of cowards. Dying for celebrating the memorial is a free-pass to Panda Paradise!! You would be a JW hero!! Where is the faith in Jeehoober's protection?!??!

DD

• Listener
    Listener

From the same source is a letter talking about missionary life in Guinea in general

."......We have so many bible studies that we have to tell people no when they ask (unless they are very serious and attend meetings regularly). For someone attending meetings there is about a 4 month waiting list before they can get a bible. Since November we’ve had the privilege of participating in the construction of a new Kingdom Hall in our city ....... - See more at: http://www.jw-archive.org/post/81772322966/report-from-ebola-out-break-in-guinea#sthash.B2aLWNMM.dpuf"

So you need to qualify even to have a bible study by attending meetings and being very serious and they can't even get a bible unless they attend the meetings and wait four months.

• Listener
    Listener

There are some interesting comments on this link

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=875290&page=3

The suggestion here is that the organization is deliberately stopping the emblems from being provided to South African congregations. This is because he says that the increase in partakers is coming mostly from this area.

The GB could have said to place the emblems on a table, maybe at the front of the hall, but they chose not to. If no one was partaking then there would be no reason not to provide these emblems. It also means that the GB aren't even bothered to get an accurate number of partakers.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

That's an interesting suggestion. I guess the question would just be, "Post-ebola outbreak, how is the Society going to justify not having emblems if they want to actually make this change permanent?"

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

All that is required is to place the crackers and wine on a table and let any who want to partake come forward and nibble their own personal cracker and drink from their own glass of wine

good point

the actual act of "passing" has obvious signifigance. Back "in the day" everyone would have partaken. I guess around 1931-1935 when the "closing of the call" was made up and the other sheep class was invented, then those (perhaps few) that did not partake would have passed the emblems along to the next person.

in my lifetime i have never seen a person partake, ever. Yet at some point in time the act of "passing" developed its own signifigance. As long as I can remember, being at the memorial had life and death signifigance. Even DF'd people showed up, and if anyone dared to not attend a memorial even a DF'd person, this is veiwed with absolute disdain. Yet as proven by this recent memorial, the memorial itself is merely a tradition of the BOrg, it tickles the ears and eyes of the "observers" while having no signifigance at all

• KateWild
    KateWild

United in worship by bum! She also stated that one memorial was before sundown. So the whole meeting was, disobeying Jesus in as far as WT states.

Why were so many comenters so happy about her talling her story? RO brought out that no one was interested in comenting on jwtalk, strange.

Kate xx

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

She also stated that one memorial was before sundown. So the whole meeting was, disobeying Jesus in as far as WT states.

Yes, I thought that was especially bizarre. I can't understand why the lack of emblems means you can hold the talk on another day. Isn't it still supposed to be commemorating Jesus' death, supposedly taking place on Nisan 14? I mean, even if they didn't want to hold it at night for some reason, they could have held it the next day before sunset and it would still be Nisan 14. It just doesn't add up. It almost sounds like someone at the branch went rogue and started giving instructions in the name of the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit