A few International Conv instructions (more ways to control)

by doinmypart 39 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

A few official instructions JW delegates are being told leading up to the international conventions. Congregation secretaries are holding conference calls and then relating the instructions to the congregation.

Atlanta - Do not drive to convention, parking will not be available. Take public transportation; attendants will be on all public transit and able to assist.

Dallas - Attendants will be on site at all hotels to make sure delegates leave the hotel at their assigned times and take their assigned route. Do not use GPS. There are areas of AT&T (Cowboys) Stadium off-limits because the Jerry Jones family has valuable items on display.

New Orleans - Carry two wallets in case you are robbed. Keep a small amount of cash in the wallet you will hand over to your assailant.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Are you joking or are these instructions for real. It wouldn't surprise me if they were real. Kate xx

• blondie
    blondie

ooh, mugger money like at NYC Bethel.

Assigned times!!!! Good luck, many jws send someone on ahead to save seats while the rest sleep in after a night of partying.

Assigned routes without GPS, is an attendant going in each car to either drive or give directions in the car? Carload of brothers and sisters from small town USA and never venture into a large urban area....what about the busloads of jws?

Public transportation scenario

Single mother with 4 kids, food, publications, diapers, child seat

Family of 4 where father has hotshot duties and leaves early leaving wife with 4 kids, food, publications, diapers, child seat

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

KateW, no joke. I wish it were... especially that last one for New Orleans delegates. Unfortunately I know several JW at various levels in the Organization and they are all looking forward to this historic event in spite of the expense and trouble.

Forgot to mention... there will be hospitality committees responsible for entertaining foreign delegates after hours.

• emeth
    emeth

A couple of thousands from the Netherlands are also coming to the USA and another couple of thousands of dutch JW's will visit conventions in Australia

• KateWild
    KateWild

You are absolutely right in your title. More ways to control. This is going to be really tiring for all the JWs, I can see them getting exhausted and impatient. In the UK some of the DCs are much smaller and less is expected of JWs.

Thanks for the info. Kate xx

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Blondie you are so right re. those scenarios. Growing up with single mom and several siblings trying to get to and around convention. Those were the days of long conventions with afternoon witnessing. My poor mom struggled, I don't know how she did it.

As much as they are looking forward to this event there are some approaching it with some trepidation. Responsible elders locally and at Branch are trying to reassure everyone that all is well.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My poor mom struggled, I don't know how she did it.

I do, well I know why she did it, because of the promises made to her. She was the same as my mother who took four children to conventions, spending money we needed for clothes. All because she thought one day we would have a beautiful big house in the country with a lion on the lawn. How sad.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

ooh, mugger money like at NYC Bethel. - BLONDIE

You're talking about Brooklyn Bethel 20-30 years ago.

Closest you'll come to being mugged in Brooklyn now is a hipster charging you $4 for a coffee.

Amazing how "this system" is just getting worse by the minute. . . .

• zebagain
    zebagain

I have seen families eating fast food and lettuce for meals but their mum had $$ for pioneering.

A couple with one little one didnt get back to their chosen accomodation until 8-30pm while attending tha last big Sydney convention. This was caused by crowds that couldnt /wouldnt move overloaded transport.

I can only wonder where the 'elite 'were at that time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit