Some JW on the street, my reaction...

by sp74bb 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ammo
    ammo

Yes I had a similar experience 2 days ago, I actually wanted to come write something here as the people I was with would never of understood my feelings in regard to the quick but very freeing conversation that was had...

The lady was an elders wife and of course the group of them were having coffee, after a quick and friendly chat at the counter, which she seemed surprised and acknowledged 'you look happy and really good' I said that I felt great and yes was very happy, she than said ' Well do you want us to come round and see you or what?' now that I have learnt stuff here on jwn I thought wow you just can't help but get that time counting in anywhere, I told her no thanks life was good and It really was'nt for me, honestly I wanted to say more, but thought less is more, they all knew how heartfelt I was when in, so in this instance I looked her in the eye remained calm and gave her a big hug as we had gotten along well when I went, I than went over to the table the others were at and said hi looked them all in the eye and chatted than went back to my mate's it was a truly liberating experience to not feel guilt or shame or complacent just to feel like you had happily moved on and that they could see it, I wrestled alot of demons while in with the Jws, and they knew it...... It confused them a little, seeing me so confident and relaxed.... So I say if you can, whenever you come across those you meet try and show the non judgemental love they preach about but can't quite get to.

I do have to admit as well that its taken a couple of years to get to this point... initially after leaving there was alot of anger..........knowledge to be sure that it is nowhere near the truth and time, thats what heals if we want it too.

All the best.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done for holding your nerve despite the emotional pressure.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Just act normal & keep your cool

Cos showing anger only makes you look like a fool ^^

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Good job. It'll get easier.

• steve2
    steve2

Don't give those self-important hypocrites the satisfaction of seeing you behave in a manner that proves to them you are an opposer of their "loving" organization. View these painful experiences as valuable opportunities to stand calmly and with strength on your own two feet. In this world, the price of standing up to corrupt leaders - political and/or religious - is ostracism or worse. We have had the misfortune of being treated like scum because we have dared walk away from a corrupt religious group that practices emotional blackmail through shunning. In one form or another, what we experience is simply a variation on a theme: People who think for themselves do not make good followers of men. The best followers are simple folk who do not - or cannot - think things through for themselves. They have doormat written on their backs and are valued members for their docility and servility. We have the age-old temerity to think and to reason. In another age, we'd have been burnt at the stake or decapitated. Thank God for secular laws! Thinking that is at odds with one's religion has always had consequences in this world. Yes, it is unfair - but it is legal - shunning is fully and comfortably within the law.

Be proud of yourself for walking tall when perhaps the "expected" reaction was to recoil in shame and/or lash out in anger. Don't give those fkrs the satisfaction. Ever.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Trujw, Ammo... those are great experiences.

I saw a group of JWs in the neighborhood two days ago as I was coming home from the store. They usually always knock and so I came in and did a mad rehearsal of how to act, what to say. I steadied myself. As I was sitting at the computer checking a few things I heard the knock. I could feel the pressure mount as I walked toward the door.

It was the UPS man.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Good job TruJW!!!

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Funny enough, a happy former JW does not fit into the view of JW, so they are very unprepared to handle this. Usually if you approach with a friendly long-time-no-see-how-are-you-doing greet, they will respond in kind. Of course it can be very different if you are DF'd.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just ask them next time how since they are not in the New Covenant how they expect to get thier sins for given since Hebrews chapter 9 says it isnt going to happen.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Thanks to all for you sharing your similar experiences.

Right now, my new partner and I we are thinking moving from Germany to Spain. I got a good job opportunity there and I don't want to miss it. Being JW I would never say yes to such a kind of offer involving heavy travelling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit