Some JW on the street, my reaction...

by sp74bb 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Today I had some of my worst experiences. I saw a JW group walking on preaching. One of them knows me well, we share a lot of week-end on RBC.

My first reaction was rage and nerves. I wanted to continue to look at their faces and not looking down. The nearer they came more anger I noticed. I finished crossing by but not looking down. Anger is really a strong feeling. Hours later I still feel it...

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Good on you for keeping eye contact. Did they look away?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

They are just doing what we once did. Don't get me wrong, I remember the same feelings too. Anger, frustration, wanting to shout the lies out loud but also the draining nature of leaving making you want to hide from it all, also.

It is hard, but prove Watchtower wrong, be nice, be calm, smile and be friendly....... show them how foreign to humanity they have become.

• happy@last
    happy@last

It gets easier, I'm at the laughing stage. I was in town today and saw a JW, I smiled and they showed no expression or emotion, I found that hilarious. It's like her face was completely numb. Then I bumped into an ex JW and we chatted for about half an hour and parted with big smiles and laughing.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

SNARE&RACKET - Spot on! Many of us here had the same mind-numbing mentality at one time, but we've got to rise above their sanctimony, and display TRUE human love and compassion. If they reject it, that's their problem, not ours! They just can't reconcile Matthew 18:17 with those who don't agree with their dogma! They are more to be pitied.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

I remember my adrenaline shot up on seeing some JWs going d2d on my street some time ago while I was in my yard doing yardwork.

I began having pancky flashbacks and felt sorry for them at the same time, while hoping they wouldn't approach me in my yard (they didn't, they were across the street).

Still, the familiarity all comes flooding back, mixed with compassion toward them, that they are captives of a concept, many reluctantly doing what goes against their nature so they can please God (men) and not be held accountable and bloodguilty for not preaching publicly.

I want to run as far away as I can and save them from the pointlessness of it all at the same time.

Phae

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have not went in field circus for almost a year, and have not heard from one Eldumb. Seriously, I wait every Saturday morning for them to come by, they never do. I guess it's good that they leave me alone. It's funny. The big A is so close, they are dukes now, but they don't do jack-shit, except theocratic nonsense. Total chicken-shits. I think they leave me alone because they know I will call them out on their BS.

DD

• trujw
    trujw

I absolutly love when jws come to my door. two weeks ago a lady and her daughter came to my door to invite me to the memorial. I said why don't you partake of communion? She started talking about her hope of a paradise earth. I smiled and held my hand up. I said "I didn't ask you whether you are going to heaven or live on earth or even outer space I want you to show me from your bible why I should not take communion when Jesus Christ himself commanded us Christians to do so. Oh her look was priceless she said nothing mumbled something about other sheep and then said she could come back. I said no please show me from your bible. true as shit she then said I don't have one with me. I told her maybe you should start reading your bible more and less watchtowers that come from a group of men who live in a conpound in New York City And have a 100 percent failure rate. I then said you remember this generation will by no means pass away. She said we believe the lite gets brighter. I then said we'll if that's the case you are saying lying to millions of people is not a problem? Also why not just be a catholic the light will get. Brighter for them to and in a thousand years they can get all there doctrine right. She left after a gave a few more insights on false prophets. Oh how it made my day couldn't stop smiling.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Keep your head up. I understand the anger. It gets easier

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome sp74bb, Keep on venting about your feelings on JWN. In time your anger and emotions will subside and you will be able to enjoy life more.

I liked your plan to hold your head high and not look down when you met the JWs. You should be proud to be a "(Dangerous) Cult Survivor".

What other plans do you have to achieve your full potential? Do you plan to obtain additonal education/training to qualify for a well-paying career?

What kind of emotional/psycholoical help do you want to obtain to help you heal faster and better? Have you read any information by cult-exit counselors like Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Belieffs"), visited his website www.freedomofmind.com, and/or watched his FREE videos on his website?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit