Is There Anything About The Witnesses That You Like?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Many individual JWs I knew were loving, caring people. I even got a bunch of tulips this week from one. But when you're Df'd you can't have an open relationship with them, so their care and love has to be cloak and dagger. This just makes it seem that they are not so nice after all, but I suppose they are trapped in a cult so we should be forgiving.

Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jws are people. So you have nice ones and not so nice ones. Like ALL religions, there are many good-hearted people. The R&F tend to be nicer, or at least more authentic. To me the lack of authenticity taught to Jws is the problem. It's like dating someone who is great, except when they are drinking and punching things. We say," They are so nice when they are sober."

Even though I LOVE many of the JWs I know, I can't be honest or open with ANY of them. It's just not possible. That makes a genuine friendship impossible. I believe that you can't be or have, a truly great friend if there is not 100% honesty and unconditional love. Those 2 things are not in existence in the Jw community. They are not allowed.

DD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only thing I like is that they are [supposed to be] non-smokers. They are strict against puffing cancer sticks.

But why do I need the witlesses to do that? I never smoked before becoming a jokehovian. I never smoked while I was a jokehovian. I do not smoke now. And, if [when] the jokehovians somehow manage to FORCE me back to being a practicing (though not believing) jokehovian, I do not have any intention of starting then, either--even if they make it mandatory for those who never smoked to start, get themselves addicted, and then quit. It is a complete waste of money and time.

And I do not need the aura around the jokehovians, either. Just about everything they have in their homes is cheap crap--they need the money for the Worldwide Damnation Fund, and they cannot work full time. They are judgmental about what type of music you listen to--just try playing Michael Jackson and see for yourself. They also judge people for not doing enough field circus. The whole aspect of field circus is a complete waste of time--I can learn more online than what the washtowel littera-trash teaches.

• minimus
    minimus

By the way, is Shasta still around and did the Watchtower use them because Shasta was associated with JWs?

• bigmac
    bigmac

CHRISTMAS

• Almond
    Almond

When i see this German ex elder 33years jw i look him silently in the eye,,, I am calm but in my mind I HAVE ALREADY PUNCHED YOUR FACE 5 TIMES...

• minimus
    minimus

almond, wow

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

There's a lot I still like for those that are actually genuine. Most here were a JW at one point with sincere interest. If you can see those people for who they are, and I toss out the brainwashing part, many of my friends are sincere and have helped me when I needed them. I have done likewise for them. My pool of friends have been great people but have reached a mental road block due to the strong indoctrination. Of course just like everywhere else in life, you will always meet Mr. Prick and Mrs. Judgmental as well.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

In general, the best thing about the Witnesses are the people in the congregations, especially when they're not invested with authority. Some invested with a degree of authority that don't become full of themselves are nice people too. When I leave the JW's someday, that's what I will miss - the people. Nothing else.

Eden

• minimus
    minimus

The problem is: the "friends" really aren't friends if they are told to avoid you.

Some friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit