Is There Anything About The Witnesses That You Like?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Anything???

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

thinking....

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'm thinking, too. Let's see.... Hmmm...

Will get back with you if I think of something.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Your average rank-and-filer's usually a pretty nice person...

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

Perhaps that questions seems imprecise to me. Are you asking is there anything about being a Jehovah's Witness that we liked before or are you asking is there anything in their present organization that we like and or admire? If you are asking about the individual people and not the organizational structure then there are definitely people I admire. I also recognize that they can be very efficient at getting things done but that is a by-product of being a high-control group.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Some of the sisters in my (EX) congregation are amazing cooks!

Yep, ............. miss that!

• Island Man
    Island Man

They're very good at preparing for and pulling off events like conventions. They're very good at planning and managing events.

What else? I can't think of anything else, that's about it.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

THE FROZEN PUDDING

sHASTA COLA

hOMEMADE PIES (THAT DATES ME, HUH?)

• Magnum
    Magnum

OK, I was kind of thinking, as was said above, that maybe some of the individuals are nice people and I like them, but right now I can only think of two that I like, one current elder and one former elder. The former one is honest, asking good questions, and doing deep research. I have some indications that the current elder might be waking up. So that's why I like them.

Individual JWs make we want to puke. They're so self-righteous, delusional, and smug. I'm thinking right now of one friendly, seemingly caring, seemingly humble elder, but I can't say I like him because he's so delusional, lacking in intelligence, passive, etc. He lacks the backbone and strength of the former elder and current elder I mentioned.

So, I like very few individual JWs. If they leave the org, I might like them.

I honestly right now can't think of anything I like about the org. I have sentimental & nostalgic feelings about old times in it when I really believed it all. But all those things that make me feel that way are gone..... the old exciting district conventions when we thought the end was imminent and we thought we might get new info at them.... going out of town to them and putting Watchtowers & Awakes where they were visible in the rear window so fellow JWs passing us on the road would recognize us & blow at us..... the old fruit bags at the conventions..... they way the teachings seemed to make sense..... the admiration/adulation I had for higher-ups (elders, COs, GB, etc).... all gone.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

+Island Man: I agree on that. The WT knows a thing or two about organizing events, then so does Kim Jong-un...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit