Ayahuasca / DMT.... anyone else curious?

by snare&racket 53 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I never see a doctor unless I feel the need do to some pain or suspected health problem I have no special doctor I go to for advice and so see no need to tell a doctor, as I would expect the relative same ignorance from him as the general population feed on goverment propaganda.

I'm sure there are some very knowledgable doctors on this subject but I expect most to be biased with propaganda and 'safe thinking' about legality issues and the need to have a thriving practice within government guide lines.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I wasn't judging you for perhaos not seeing/telling one, forgive me, I was just wondering if there was anyone monitoring your health over the time period of your use.

Thank you for answering , may I ask how you found out about it in the first place and what evidence, reading, research did you do before hand ?

• galaxie
    galaxie

R, i would be able to mi would beDid this post not start by asking about curiosity ? Now its morphed into scientific study .

I have no truck with serious research into drug applications for aiding medical conditions in controlled circumstances

It seems some posting here are just tripping, hardly scientific.

If I'm having a piece of cake with a cup of coffee and an emergency arises eg someone needs immediate medical treatment I would be able to drive them to hospital.

With a brain trippin' on drugs that would be impossible or at best possibly dangerous.

Better to maintain a clear head. Same applies to alcohol abuse.

Keep drug experimentation in the lab.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Sorry ignore the first mistake( it must be the drugs)

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Galaxie, not everyone has the luxury of avoiding medication.

• galaxie
    galaxie

I concur

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I saw people on bad drugs at Woodstock, in Greenwich Village, and in hospitals. Some people may be able to use it recreationally and have the effects limited to the period ingested. It is a shame people can't learn from history. My classmates wanted psychic breaks. Well, no one ever heard remarkable things from them. Chant as George Harrison suggested. I meditated and my brain waves definitely changed.

How do you know your brain chemistry is all right?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Before you sip a beer how do you know whether you have underlying addictive personality?

You are talking to someone that doesnt drink and never does drugs. I have never smoked a cigarette even. BUT I live by the merits of freedom and liberalism, BUT it should be fair. The professor who advised the governemnt on drugs was sacked after openly vocalaising the evidence on cannabis, that it was safer than horse riding.

Fear mongering and quoting reefer madness and watchtower thinking doesn't work in the real world.

It has just dawned on me that I haven't qualified something.....& to be fair it was a shock to my JW tinted glasses also when I found out....most people and I really mean MOST people, consume drugs. Cannabis, MDMA, Cocaine are consumed like alcohol or tobacco in the world today. Professionals consume LSD derivitives to stay focused and awake, students consume ritalin for high grades, cocaine is deeply part of the professional world.

The anti drug campaign from watchtower and Barbara Bush not only didnt work in the real world, but was bias and fear mongering, which makes educating the youth even harder.

Psychadelics are on come back and the science is way behind the curve!

As for my agenda, I do have a huge interest in the science of such mechanisms but I won't lie, the experiences sound interesting, thats why people take it, as Obama said regarding cannabis inhalation...."that's kinda the point!"

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Interesting thread. I am not sure I would be adventurous enough to try this, but it is intriguing. I know for a fact that my Brain chemistry is not the same as most people. I have an inherited tendency to depression, and I have ADD. I have compensated for this somewhat, I have learned how to manage, but everything is more difficult. I have been on anti depressants, they help temporarily, but there is a price to be paid for them, they have side effects and become ineffective after a while. It's not like there is no danger in prescription medications, I had a horrible experience with one if them, it derailed my life for about a year, I am still feeling the effects of some of the decisions I made during that year.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi snare;..good point re addictive personality, now that is very worthy of research. I don't know how much this is or has been researched as to why ssome become addicted.

I think the golden rule is if in doubt leave it out.

A clear head must lead to understanding the whys and wherefores of life better, and of course better repercussions for loved ones and society in ganeral.

Best wishes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit