Did You Go To The Memorial?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Antioch
    Antioch

The memorial was last night? Hahah, wow. I have REALLY done well in digging up my former JW self. I was at work last night and didn't even think of it.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Nope

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I went for a few reasons. Mostly to get closure and boy, I got it!! What a joke! And my husband said that he didn't understand why anyone would put themselves through that ever again! It was kind of nice to see a few people. My family are all JW and I felt so awkward that I had absolutely nothing to say to them. It was weird because when I visit them at their house, we have no problem talking, but there - it was like my mind went blank. My mom gave me the biggest hug in my life and told me she loved me and looked like she was about to cry. She never does that when I visit her at her house, I initiate the hugs and love talk. So, that was a little annoying, for sure! They mentioned the animals we'd get to pet, the 2 hopes, the fact that we are not a part of the new covenant. That part made me the maddest. Oh, and if they believe Jesus forgives our sins, why do they have to "beg" Jehovah's forgiveness for our "shortcomings"? From what I have studied, Jesus forgives us for past and future - we are forgiven. We can feel bad and repent of mistakes that we make, but we don't have to ask for forgiveness over and over because Jesus accomplished that when he died. He lived a perfect life because we are unable. Also, they talked about rules of the household. Rules were part of the old covenant. We are part of the new covenant. Anyway, it made me mad. But, it made me feel sorry for the genuine people there that are getting deceived. Sad.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

I had to go and there was this woman who I could tell was finding it really boring. During the meeting there was a team of about 5 babies scattered around the hall that were all dead-set on making as much noise as possible and we both had to stop ourselves laughing. The sister who invited her also had to stop her fom eating the bread because the speaker only went on about the earthly and heavenly hope but without mentioning that only some could partake.

There was also this weird moment when they were passing the bread and wine around and because they didn't want the younger children to spill anything, the brother just held it for them and let them touch the plate/glass.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Why go to the memorial when you can stay home and watch the youtube video

SORORITY GIRLS FROM HELL

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

i didn't. I believe i've now missed about 4. I went for several years after leaving, but i then started realizing that i was sending the wrong message by going.

When you are inactive and you go to the memorial, people look at you as a lazy incompetent, who is not strong enought to go to the meetings but somehow finds a way to crawl back to the memorial. I hated that i was now that person. I was the person who was not good enough for them, so i decided that i was going to play the role where they were not good enough for me to show up.

Best decision ever! Instead of a pathetic celebration, i had a nice dinner and watched some nice TV. I did reflect on how lucky i am that my eyes have been opened. I didn't have wine, but i had a nice cold beer instead. Even Jesus would be proud of that.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, yes, yes.

Of course I went.

Rub a Dub

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

I went, made me sick to my stomach. The place was jammed packed to the limit. A lot of disfellowshipped were there. My brother gave the memorial talk. To be honest I felt out of place even though I'm a baptized JW. It just seemed like people were looking at me and judging me even though I've done nothing wrong. Maybe it's because a lot of them thought I would talk to my former best friend who recently was disfellowshipped. (were still best friends, we just don't communicate in front of other JWs)

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder if Rick Fearon (who just recently got married ) has a YOUTUBE of this year's events.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

I didn't go, second year in a row. So now of course, I have made Jehovah sad and I pretty much need to get my act together if I don't want to die along with my boys in the big A. According to my mom. She didn't say it that harsh but that's where she was getting at.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit