Did You Go To The Memorial?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

Wow. Here I thought the animal petting thing was something the speaker came up with. I should know better. Pretty much EVERYTHING is predetermined now.

Pretty soon there will be an outline for prayers..with no room for your own "independent" thoughts.

I can see the GB laying down the mandate you MUST thank Jah for supplying us with a Faithful and Discreet Slave...which is them.

"Don't forget to thank God for blessing you with US."

What humility.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Integ...At my Wifes hall the question was raised to the little kids... What animal would you like to pet in the new system???

He said just to think about it but one little kiddie yelled out the answer. The speaker managed to cover over quite nicely.

Remember I am getting this second hand but I would sure like to see the memorial outline.... anyone got it ??

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I was wondering if anyone has access to the actual memorial outline that they could post here.

There was one thing in particular that the speaker said that was quite extreme and that I hadn't heard before.

The speaker had the audience turn to John 3:16. Before reading the verse he prefaced it by saying that Christendom puts the wrong emphasis when reading this verse.

John 3:16 states: “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

The speaker re-read the words 'For God loved the world so much' and stated that the correct emphasis should be on what God did for mankind and not what Jesus Christ did for mankind.

Did anyone else pick up on that???

It's common knowledge that WT is very dificient and scanty when it comes to showing honor and giving glory that is due the Christ, but what this speaker said takes the cake....especially on an evening like this!

• TheListener
    TheListener

I went with my wife. Same old ooutline as far as i could tell. No question for the kids about animal petting and no John 3:16 emphasis discussion. My guess is that some speakers might have gotten similar ideas from a website some use for illustrations and stuff.

• Poztate
    Poztate

No question for the kids about animal petting

Interesting... could it be a regional thing ? I am in Canada. How about you and Integ ?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Sorry i would rather not say.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Petting tigers. That's what it's come to.

That's all they got.

We are in the 21st Century. What a magnificent time to be alive and that's the best they can come up with. Wow.

I'm glad I'm out.

I wish my children were out too. They won't ever get to pet those tigers ... they are giving up so much for, ... well for nothing.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I see Integ is USA so mabe this is a North American change only. How about you Europe boys (gals) or from the land down under??

Any changes ??

• Laika
    Laika

I went, and so much for love bombing, not one person spoke to me, not one!

The speaker at my memorial asked the kids which animal they'd like to pet. He told us to imagine petting a lion cub and getting a real bear hug which got a laugh from the audience. I'm quite amused that this was in the outline. I'm in London, UK.

The chairman also offered his prayer through 'our mediator, Jesus Christ, amen'

• cantleave
    cantleave

My 5th memorial missed. TBH I didn't even know when it was until a couple of days back, I really don't give a f*ck about what they do anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit