Did You Go To The Memorial?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I blew it off. I never did like it, after the first one I went to thinking this was the way to salvation. From the next one on, I saw it as a pointless waste of time.

Worse, I now realize that it is a Jewish ritual, not a Christian one. It certainly felt Jewish when I was in, and looking back it is more blatant. This in "the only pure CHRISTIAN religion", at that. This is not the way to honestly represent your religion--present yourself in one platform and introduce elements of one or both of the other major platforms. This raises other issues. If they are dishonest about the religion being pure Christian, what else are they dishonest with? And, are they honest about your dedication? Remember, technically it is a contract that could, in theory, be held as legally binding with your "signature" being your baptism. With all the legal muscle they have, could they disallow this as a breach of contract on their part against my "breaching of contract" by not going? If I want a Jewish religion, I will go to the synagogue and seek to become a proselyte. Otherwise, don't use xianity as a blind to get me performing any of their rituals and rites. Ditto Islam--if I want a Muslim religion, I will go to the mosque and go through that channel.

Otherwise, I think I will stick with what I got and hope Satan will work to keep the jokehovians from being able to force me back using the baptism as a "signed contract" and finding a judge that will uphold this "signed contract" but will not uphold that crossing religions without mentioning it while I was studying as a breach of contract on their end.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

F*** No.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I stayed at home and had my own ceremony with a slice of fruit cake & a cup of espresso coffee. I’m sure Jesus would have approved of it- after all, this is the 21st century!

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Laika”: “The chairman also offered his prayer through 'our mediator, Jesus Christ, amen'”

Actually, according to the WTS, Jesus is ONLY the mediator of the anointed 144,000 – but NOT the “other sheep” class! So technically, according to the WTS, the only mediator for all the non-anointed JWs would have to be the Faithful and Discreet Slave – which as we all know, from the fairly recent “new light,” is comprised of none other than . . . . that’s right, the Governing Body! (So that chairman must not have been keeping up with the current “understanding” in the Watchtower.)

When you think of it, since all the non-anointed remnant aren’t even allowed to partake of the bread and wine and apparently don’t even have Jesus as their mediator, . . . . why really would anybody bother showing up! What would be the point – unless you were a sucker for denigration!

• minimus
    minimus

So the man saying prayer must have been anointed.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

SAHS, so has it now been stated that Jesus is only the mediator for the FDS, not all the anointed as was previously?

My husband went to a memorial while we were on vacation ( I was hoping he would get the cold shoulder for not wearing a suit) he wrote in his notes "jesus as our mediator" right after he wrote " two hopes"

I asked him one thing the next day about it. I asked if it was standing room only ( He used to tell me how we had to get there super early to even sit down because it was so crowded, back before I knew much about the JW and would goo with our new baby so his mother could show off her grandchild....but I never saw that) So once I learned how I was being counted, and probably our daughter too, as being "an interested one" in the yearbook and really learned about the WT, I never again set foot in that place. Anyway, his response was a hesitated "no". I said suprised OH? so you got a seat? he replied he was the last one to get there. I asked did they have to get out an extra chair for you? he said no, he got a seat. I know he did not like sharing that information, it was like a let down for him I am sure.

• minimus
    minimus

They'll probably spin it as the biggest, best Memorial ever! The angels couldn't even get over it.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“nonjwspouse”: “SAHS, so has it now been stated that Jesus is only the mediator for the FDS, not all the anointed as was previously?”

That’s a good question. You know, I’m not completely sure on that. It’s all so rather confusing (especially with all the twists and turns of it all). I know for sure that Jesus is the only mediator for the FDS, which is now solely the GB (no surprise there!). But as for the total number of the 144,000 anointed ones (including the FDS/GB), I guess their only mediator would be Jesus as well. (We could sure use Blondie’s input here!)

All I know is that us non-anointed common folk don’t get the Jesus mediator. (Maybe we aren’t Jewish enough or something. We’re certainly not important enough, in JW land anyhow.) But just who the regular non-anointed JWs’ mediator is supposed to be for those other sheep – either the 144,000 as a whole or just the FDS/GB – I’m really not sure at all. (Bloooondiiiiee, heeeeeelp! I’m confuuuuused.) I guess we’re really all just supposed to be a bunch of lost sheep – sheep without a proper mediator. (That’s if we were still in the JWs, of course.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit