Any gay exJW's?

by Trapped in JW land 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

It must be wonderful to be in a loving long term relationship.

I should've made the move out of the JW's when I was younger.

Hoab

• matt2414
    matt2414

I've been out of the Org since 2005 and haven't stepped foot in a Kingdom Hall since, with the exception of a relative's memorial service about 6 months ago. I used to pioneer, special pioneer, be a ministerial servant, an elder, attended an early MTS class, worked at Brooklyn Bethel and Watchtower Farms, and served as a missionary in South America. But all of that pales to the joy I now have of living my life as God created me, with my partner of 8 years.

Heartofaboy: Thanks for the great post! Yes, there is a double stigma of being gay and an ex-JW, but I try to look at the positive. I may have lost JW "friends" when I left, but now I've found better friends on this ex-JW site, many of whom are gay and lesbian. We can all be ourselves and not worry about being judged. This is something I NEVER had as a JW. If anyone here wants to chat further, I'm always willing to listen and share.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hi Matt, my you really made so much effort as a JW!............all the stuff the WT say's you should do to be truly happy & yet the happiness your beautiful partner brings you far outstrips the phoney 'joy' of the WatchTower treadmill.

Hugs

Hoab

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Here you find another one. There is many GLBT ex jw gropus in Facebook.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Matt - I used to pioneer, special pioneer, be a ministerial servant, an elder, attended an early MTS class, worked at Brooklyn Bethel and Watchtower Farms, and served as a missionary in South America. But all of that pales to the joy I now have of living my life as God created me, with my partner of 8 years.

I imagine it would all pale to the joy brought on by a mediocre bowel movement.

But what do I know?

• matt2414
    matt2414

Thanks HOAB, I appreciate your kind comments. But sometimes I wish I lived closer to other gay ex-Jdubs. It would be interesting to have a gay ex-JW support group. lol

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

My son is a gay exJW. Been with his partner 19 years. They legally married Dec. 31. I who was a 3rd gen born in chose him over a God who teaches hate.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Trapped in JW land

As you can tell there are many gay exJWs.

Although straight, I now identify as gay friendly.

This change in outlook came about due to a change in core identity - from religious to spiritual.

As a believer and person of faith I value this (and similar) alternative perspective/s:

http://biblehouseofgrace.com/same%20sex%20relationships.html

Greetings

Fernando

• Quendi
    Quendi

Welcome, Trapped in JW land! I am sure you will find a welcome refuge and friends here as many of us ex-JWs have. I also want to thank 88JM for the link he has provided. I have not finished reading it and have not done so in depth, but what I have read has not only been interesting but extremely helpful as well. Learning the experiences others have had has been enlightening and so much better than the "fairy tales" about homosexuality found in WTS publications.

I won't go into my experience here except to say I was disfellowshipped for beinhg a gay man back in 2005. I tried to get reinstated for nearly five years before walking away for good in June 2010. I have not set foot in a Kingdom Hall since and have no intention of doing so ever again. I have a wonderful partner now and am living the kind of life that would have been impossible as a Witness. One thing I will say is that you can be very grateful that you are still alive. Suicide is a real and present problem and danger for gay Witnesses. I don't know how many gay Witnesses, particularly younger people, have chosen this "permanent solution to a temporary 'problem' " to escape the pain their lives had. Some were driven to it by that internal pain, others, I am convinced, chose suicide after being raked over the coals by judicial committees and subsequently publicly reproved or disfellowshipped. Those committees have a lot of blood on their hands, but that can be the topic of another thread.

The important thing is that you are now free, free to live your life as you choose and as God intended. We are living during a time when the humanity of GLBT people is finally being not simply acknowledged, but accepted and honored in many different lands. We don't need the fool's gold of the Witness cult to validate our lives and fill them with meaning anymore. I personally still believe in God and have hope for a future that rests on his cardinal qualities, especially that of love. I have more years behind me than I have ahead of me, but I look forward to them secure in the belief that as Thoreau wrote that when my time finally comes, I will go to my rest knowing that my life had not been lived in vain. My friend, I wish the same for you.

Quendi

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Something I've noticed from all the struggling gay JW stories I've read is that how ever much they implored god for help in changeing, how ever much they threw themsleves into 'spiritual' activities god didn't change them into heterosexuals...........they remained GAY.

This is what I've experienced too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit