Evidence of Jesus being Married?

by cantleave 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Snowbird,

I do believe that all members have a Bible at home. If not, many translations are available on the Internet. Such actions make me want to jump out my window and run to Harvard Divinity. Furthermore, 99% of people know this story and know it well. It is read at most weddings.

Cofty,

I never thought that Cana might be Jesus' own wedding. Good idea.

• LV101
    LV101

Snowbird - Thanks for posting the wedding account scripture. Certainly is a convenience.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Same crap everytime....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Please, Cana is in Jesus Christ, Superstar.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If Jesus really was the son of god and really did want to understand the human experience then he had to have sex, and probably pretty good sex. The question of whether or not he was married is secondary. So if he had sex then the logical conclusion is that he had children. To steal a line from the Watchtower, "it is reasonable to conclude...."

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

He had children by the two Marys in The Last Temptation of Christ. Western art tends to depict him as sparkly eyed and emaciated with very white robes. A carpenter would develop muscle.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Bad coptic grammar discredits it? I am an English teacher and my grammar is pretty iffy at times. OTOH, 8th century is long after the time of Jesus,so it seems speculative one way or the other. Interesting to think about. A 30 year old unmarried Jewish man in that time would be remarkable, however.

• dgp
    dgp

I would think a married Jesus is not more of a problem than the Jesus in the gnostic gospels. I think this is a shock only if you think the Bible is inerrant, no forgeries of it were ever made, no forged books ever made into the Bible, et cetera.

• LV101
    LV101

Please, "Jesus Christ, Superstar' is a rock concert not the Biblical account which is in question.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jesus Christ superstar is far more entertaining than the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit