How long did you know TTATT while attending the meetings?

by Iamallcool 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Captain Obvious - "I feel like a piece of shit as I walk through those doors. I'm not being true to myself or honest with those around me."

Being successfully deceptive whilst feeling shitty about it = integrity's ironic trade-off.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I feel like a piece of shit as I walk through those doors. I'm not being true to myself or honest with those around me. Dont know how much more of this I can handle.

Hang in there C.O. This religion forces everyone trying to leave to have different circumstances and ways they have to go about doing it. Conduct your own anti-theocratic warfare to keep it from bothering you. Good luck.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Is it a root beer dispencer? Absolutely. My uncle had one very similar to it. Back in the day you could buy Heirs' Root Beer Extract and make your own. It was very yeasty, very good.

Note the hand pump on top. That's root beer. Beer would have a tap at the bottom. While there was one style of beer keg that stood upright, it had a glass liquid level on the side. You'd see it in this photo if it were there. Most kegs rest on their side. It's a matter of physics.

Yup, root beer.

Also, there is no evidence of drunkeness in this photo anyway. Drinking beer isn't a sin.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

It makes me sick when they try to compare themselves to the disciples of ancient times. They are not even close.

If we read Paul's letters with an eye for it, we find all the problems that crop up in Witness congregations: Personal difficulties, vanity, a feeling of "specialness," lax behavior. The problem isn't that Witnesses are not like the early, fractured, disagreeable congregations. They are a bit too much like them. We should expect Christian brethren to be a lot like us. No? The real issue is that Watchtower heirarchy replaces scripture with personal opinion, or they express as firm doctrine ideas that have been debated within the Witness comunity for over a century. An Example is the fate of Sodom.

By now we should know that solid arguments can be made for their salvation and for their everlasting destruction. Why not say - a humble man would - we do not know with certainty. It rests in Jesus' hands, and he will do the right thing. That they express personal opinion as divinely inspired doctrine marks them as haughty, self-appointed arbiters of all scriptural matters.

Because the Watchtower has since Rutherford's day formulated a prophetic scheme with themselves at the center, they cannot approach the Faithful and Wise Servant doctrine with clear eyes. Jesus was not describing a prophetic appointment. He was describing the qualities of a faithful servant. Does that mean that the Christian Church doesn't have a governance structure? No. Other verses tell us it does. But Matthew twenty-four does not describe a last-days appointment of a few men to lead the body of Christ into paradise. It only describes two courses of life.

It's time to drop the self-entitlement and really read the Bible.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Old Goat:

I agree with you that they replace scripture with personal opinion and do not have the humility to say"we do not know".

But they are not "going to read the Bible" any time soon. In fact, they have a new edition out which deviates even more. You should check it out. It is a new "silver" or gray bible.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I have a copy, read it already. Bad grammar. Not much of a fix.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Definitely root beer, then. LOL.

Old Goat, thank you for the extra info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit