How long did you know TTATT while attending the meetings?

by Iamallcool 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I did not know anything about TTATT while attending the meetings.

TTATT=The Truth about The Truth.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I figured out TTATT as a MS in the early to mid 1990s, I learned more about TTATT when I because and elder, which occured serveral years after I began to have serious doubts. So, my crossover of attending meetings and fully knowing TTATT, spanned probablly 5 years. Those 5 years were the worst five years of my life, but that is a topic for a different day.

There is no question that learning TTATT is a starting point. but the next question is so, what is next? For some, if not all, the answer to that question is difficult and personally painful. So, if it takes a few years, so be it. It is what it is. There are those who learnTTATT and never get out, which is very sad.

I would be intereted in hearing the stories after you learned TTATT and when you last meeting was.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

About three months. My fade was very quick. Once I knew ttatt my head rebelled at the meetingsand I began missing more and more and the 2013 memorial was my last. I'd planned a longer fade but I just couldn't take the bs anymore.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

About 4 years for me, and 2 of those years were while I was a ministerial servant.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I really finishes enough TTATT at last years memorial, in fact that night i got a letter back from the Borg in response to a letter i sent them. Went to the memorial and was pissed off the whole time because of the letter and because of the crap the bethel speaker was saying during his talk. Almost started partaking of the emblems that night and wish i would of now. Went to a couple more meeting but couldn't do it for a long time. Then after i quit i decided a fade would be better for me and went back to some meeting back a couple months ago, but couldn't handle the BS and stopped going again. Now debating weather to go this memorial or not, if I do I partake.

Its really got to be hard for those that have to stay and fade for what ever reason!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

6-ish years.

I wish I knew about JWN sooner. I could have planned a shorter, more effective and potentially less painful fade.

Lurkers, are you listening!!!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Still 'in', but we are both successfully fading fast!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

so far over 2 years...and my exit plan is slowwwlllyyy coming together

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I didn't consider it the TTATT at the time. It took two years. It started with a talk at the assembly and the following year the Watchtower article. I had no intention of leaving and thought it would be better understood as time went by. Even laughed when someone thought i was going out of the truth. The article altered things for me not only in my thinking but also in my everyday life.

Some years later I went back to the hall and regularly attended again for a while I felt quite comfortable but no need to be there and felt quite bored. Often i would sit just reading the bible. Other times i couldn't find the will to go into the Kingdom hall although I was dressed and driving there and so just drove past turned round and went home.

It may have been sooner if the elders had come round when i requested them.

• snowbird
    snowbird

4 years.

I tried to hold on for my daughter's sake, but couldn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit