Classic repost from AlltimeJeff; recently completely - Free!

by WingCommander 21 Replies latest jw friends

• humbled
    humbled

This is the best description of the dawning reality that rose up when i had to deal with the elders and Bethel on a certain matter.

No one care about faith in God or Jesus. It was ALL about the FDS/GB.

Great post.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They should know that to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, the bible isn't about you. It isn't about Jehovah. It isn't about Jesus. Its all about them, the Governing Body, "Christs brothers", the Faithful and Discreet Slave. It's all about them, for them, and it is a sham.

Thanks for reposting.

It was eye-opening to me when I realized that the Bible is really nothing more than a prop symbolizing the authority of the leaders of this cult.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Splash, Wasblind

Read my post again. Focus on my first sentence.

ATJ is preaching to the choir. I have read Carl Olof Jonsson's two books and half of his website, James Penton's Apocalypse Delayed, Raymond Franz' two books, Doug Mason website, JW Facts website. I have also attended JW's meetings and conventions for many years. I have read their books of Revelation (the red book), The Finished Mystery, and many other wacky books and publications. I don't disagree with ATJ, the problem is that his piece lacks supporting evidence.

The opening piece is missing exactly what you are providing, evidence, evidence, evidence. Thank you

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

------>>> Never a JW...

AllTimeJeff is a reliable, fantastic, human being.

If you have the time, you might want to use this Forum's search engine and read AllTimeJeff's earlier posts.

He has posted for several years. Look up his name, then click on any or all of his posts he has started or other posts that he commented on.

Some of what you will read is that he wished he had saved some of his test papers at Gilead. All Gilead students were also given a handbook, or some such that has to be returned intact.

Gilead material is not for public eyes. Now Gilead is no more.

Questioning is good, but in this instance, I would take ATJ's word for it.

JW's are all about the Glorious Governing Body that we are to give money to and obey without question.

AllTimeJeff states what he saw behind the curtain. Other's from Gilead saw it too, but do not want to disturb their Rockstar status in JW world.

He was a victim and is trying to help others to open their eyes.

I get it and I am fading and o-u-t.

LoisLane

• wasblind
    wasblind

Never a JW,

I can only speak for myself

I agree in the things you stated in your post

That's why I pointed out things that were evident to me

in WTS literature , that proved the things that AllTimeJeff stated

Not to discount what you stated

• freddo
    freddo

ATJeff's post is his personal experience relayed for us.

It has the ring of truth about it. It feels right. It chimes with my own experience as a one time small fry congregation elder and born-in.

As a kid and teenager it was all "type and antitype" as crazy freddie franz's drivel and 1975/generation that saw 1914 with understanding/born in 1914 etc. kept me at the behest of my parent in a kingdom hall every Sunday and in some ones private home on a hard chair on a Tuesday evening.

If only I had seen the inner workings and woken up sooner!

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, freddo! Yes Fred was obsessed by the whole 'kings & priests' idea, and his books were so full of it that I sometimes wondered why we 'studied' them, as none of the information in them was for us- the rank & file dubs.

Anyway, congratulations to ATJ for getting out of the Borg- I hope he finds happiness.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember reading his story, he had some great posts. I am glad to hear the story has a happy ending.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

never a jw 'sounds like opinion without supporting evidence..... the specifics are missing.'

AlltimeJeff by virtue of his past experience is just confirming what many of us already know.....That the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses want adulation, they want to be worshiped and they want the lime light!

Thank you AlltimeJeff

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

Excellent post. Worth bringing it front and center again.

I disagree with the need for specifics. If someone is ready to hear TATT, they will recognize this statement as true. If someone is not, no amount of reasoning will reach them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit