Is the U.N. preparing to attack Religion

by confusedandalone 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I just wrote the underwood guy and gave him an earful for being decitful and pretending to be unbiased.

He got me MAD

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

FWIW, this guy is writing in a religious section of the paper, so it's not intended to be read on the same level as an investigative report.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

How would you respond to someone who said - "let her hang on to her lie, it is the only thing she's got."

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked for later reading

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Haha, fail! He's a JW so what he wrote is automatically biased. his articles and many commenters are JWs since they all show the Watchtower's point of view on issues and defend them.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Just wait, the Watchtower/Awake will quote him as an authority soon in some article they conjure up. Just as they quote previous WT articles to give credence to some stand they take. Circular reasoning at its' best.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Just FYI, to whomever is reading and/or watching:

I have had the opportunity to interact personally with BROTHER UNDERWOOD, yes Mr Bill Underwood is in fact a JW ( and NOT a MS or Elder, in case you were wondering), so dont let anyone tell you otherwise, and don't be mislead by his vague style of pretentious writing. He is in NO WAY unbiased. He envisions himself as a New York Times writer/columnist, an all-knowing, all-seeing eye for the sake of the brothers, inferring that he has some hidden insight into worldly situations and unfolding of events. (ps... he is a janitor...anyone surprised?) In my personal opionion, he is a crackpot. He was in our congregation for a while, and did his very best to use his super-duper intellect and self-imposed titles as a great writer and thesbian to try and woo the ladies.... until he finally found some poor lass that bought it like a fat slow fish going after a WORM (capitalized purposely).

More than a few brothers, and sisters, told him to take a hike, get lost, move along. He's a joke, a schuckster... HE is on Facebook, I just looked him up again... at least 90% of his "friends" are JW's....if you met him in person you would be thoroughly disgusted at his arrogance (and use of big words to make himself seem soooo intelligent), you would GAG quickly and run away... and anyone that takes him seriously has nothing else better to do in life than be strung along with the words of the typical snake-oil seller. As someone else mentioned and figured out pretty quickly... he's a tool. (again, just my opinion, of course).

Sorry, I ran a little off the rails there. Rant over. Back to your regular programming...

Jack Harper, Tech49

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Bro. Underwood is a fucking, moronic stooge. He is so unbiased; my ass! He is sucking on Brooklyn's teet.

zed

P.S. to Tech49, I just wanted to take some of the heat with my rant, I have your back!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

what proof do we have that Bill Underwood is a JW?

That info will be questioned immediately if brought up as Defense to this article by JWs.

im not casting doubt on you, tech49. I just can't bring up your personal testimony to a jw and expect them to consider it credible.

• sir82
    sir82

How exactly does an organization "attack religion", exactly?

I can understand an attack on a physical object, or on a population - but how exactly do you "attack" religion?

Maybe I'll figure it out after I attack lunch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit