Is the U.N. preparing to attack Religion

by confusedandalone 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jgnat
    jgnat

UN's universal declaration of human rights:

18. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this
    right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either
    alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his
    religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

http://www.un.org/cyberschoolbus/humanrights/resources/universal.asp

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

What possible reason would the UN have to do this? Actually, what possible reason would a government have to do this as well?

Governments are not in the business of being unpopular - this is why governments slowly become more and more inclusive. You can see this for example in the moves by governments to legalize gay marriage and pot smoking. The only governments who can get away with making religion illegal are dictatorships because they know the people have no choice in the matter. So before religion becomes illegal in the US for example, we'll have to see the country become a dictatorship. I'll wait for that to happen first before i worry about religion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...what prevents them from taking the next step: deciding that religions and belief systems are nothing more than ancient superstitions that are doing more harm than good, and that it’s time to ban them?"

Prohibition never works.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I recall the denunciations of the UN b/c at school we were taught that the UN was the way to world peace. In all these decades, I've never read that they attack religion. In fact, a close friend is an international civil servant. UN employees belong to much weirder religions than the Witnesses. They protect religion. During the late 1950s and 1960s, the UN did what the US wanted. I wanted to be a tour guide there b/c the outfits were so cute.

My big UN memory was during the Cuban Missle Crisis. I still can see Adlai Stevenson making the case after all this time. The UN and the WHO do so much for humans. They were against the League of Nations. As a grade school kid, I wondered what was wrong with world peace. Besides, we all know that the United Federation of Planets emerges from the UN.

Are they truly so clueless about international orgs? How do you maintain NGO and hate status?

Look at some Nazi films. Compare the U.S. Is there no difference?

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Even if they do that doesn't make the JWs right.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Human Rights Violations done in the name of a religious belief might get the UN to act, but yet it has not done so with those Islamic countries engaging in it. So the UN is not going to some how come down on Religion like the JWs preach. I was watching an interesting piece done by Megan Kelly who is exposing "honor killings and abuse of Mulim women and girls. The footage of this trailer is disgusting in the way women and young girls are being violated.

Shana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSLIYJxE2F0

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Americans are known for their religious zealotry and ignorance. The US funds a lot of the UN work. Therefore, American politicians will not pay our UN dues if religion is attacked. Can you see the Tea Party allowing it? What is so evil about combinations of government? Some problems are global. New York and New Jersey share air pollution. The air does not know it is NY air or NJ air. WT's problem is that it wants all governments to bow down to it. I recall when Pres. Kennedy was assasinated. The KH crew seemed happy.

Why did they oppose the UN?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, Shana. Here's an article that shows how the UN is aware of the issues and some of the steps they are taking to resolve them.

http://unchronicle.un.org/article/promoting-gender-equality-muslim-contexts-women-s-voices-must-not-be-silenced/

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

So I guess this is how this guy does his "time" instead of knocking on doors. What a tool, check this article.

http://www.examiner.com/article/blood-medical-ethics-and-the-bible

Made a comment on that one, I'm sure it will never see the light of day if Brother Underwood controls the comments, which it looks like he does from what is posted there already.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Meanwhile....Fox News reports that in the United States there is a vicious "War on Christmas"....

On a serious note - JW's want the United Nations to "attack" religion so their own (Joseph Rutherford/Fred Franz) invented prophecy will be fulfilled.

That event will prove that they are RIGHT and now God can kill everyone who doesn't believe in him or JW.org.

And all Jehovah's Witnesses will have nice big brand new homes wherever they want. And it'll be perfect.

ginger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit