Is the U.N. preparing to attack Religion

by confusedandalone 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zebagain
    zebagain

Oscar wilde: "If there is anything worse than being talked about its not being talked about".

The wts has been prepared in the past to drum up a social outrage against it and then scream persecution!

• Watchtower-Free
  • Terry
    Terry

I find that people who are religious absolutists are really unable to think. When they try, the best they can come up with are very rough-sketch globs representing ideas.

Stupid people and incompetent thinkers are easily confused because they never measure, quantify and specify EXACTLY what they are thinking about.

For example:

There are about Forty thousand Christian denominations each differing with their fellow Christian believers enough to separate themselves.

But, Christianity is only one, just one of the four thousand two hundred other religious groups in the world.

How many people would be involved when we say: 'RELIGION'?

Christianity - 2 billion

Islam - 1.3 billion

Hinduism - 900 million

Buddhism - 360 million

Sikhism - 23 million

Judaism - 14 million

Baha’i - 7 million

Confucianism - 6 million

Jainism - 4 million

Shinto - 4 million

Daoism - 2.7 million

Zoroastrianism - 150,000

This adds up to roughly 4 billion 620.9 million of the world’s more than 6.7 billion souls!

(http://www.examiner.com/article/the-exact-number-of-religions-the-world-is-unknown)

NOW STOP RIGHT THERE for just a minute.

Look at the topic heading and read it aloud.

Okay--we now have put a very specific, quantifiable number on what RELIGION is---

now let us quantify what the U. N. consists of, shall we?

Okay, let's go to the U. N. website. (http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/issues/military.shtml)

"All military personnel working under the Blue Helmet are first and foremost members of their own national armies and are then seconded to work with the UN.

We have more than 97,000 UN uniformed personnel (Military and Police) coming from over 110 countries."

Allright then, let's be very careful, specific and measured in parsing the sense of this Topic, shall we?

IS THE U.N. (97,000 peace-keeping troops) preparing to attack Religion (4 Billion persons)?

What do you think? Does the question not add up to absolute lunacy?

The Jehovah's Witnesses deal in globs of chaos presented as ideas. They refuse to exactly quantify the incredible crackpot notions they are teaching.

Why? Because they are mind-fuckers.

How do we combat the fear they are daily pumping into the head's of our loved ones?

With the above verifiable statistics, that's how!

• kassad84
    kassad84

There has been consolidating of powers. First the US, then the EU. Asia will be next. All you need to do is pass a law that will forbid religion. There are more and more atheists now, because we, religious people unable to sort out our own lives and be like angels as they are expecting us to be, instead doing things which of some are demonic, are helping them on that journey. Plus science is continuing to endeavor on proving that God is not real. Lesser and lesser resistance to tackle should disorder arise. Homosexual marriage has long passed in the US, recently in the UK. People are starting walk bigtime over the powers of the church. "Old" values of the Bible are no longer applicable, a thing of the past. Heck, the Bible was an invention anyway. To hell with it, then. It won't be long.

• kassad84
    kassad84

might i add, since i blabber nonsense anyway, i was kind of sad that the anglican church didn't mount any considerable resistance to the gay marriage thing in the UK. they were always in the middle, with rules that are loose, not legalistic. too loose for that matter. they had no backbone and it seems they were just a tool for politics since its first inception. it would be interesting and ironic, since anglicanism was founded on marital issues, that it will disintegrate on marital issues as well.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

gingerbread - "JW's want the United Nations to 'attack' religion so their own (Joseph Rutherford/Fred Franz) invented prophecy will be fulfilled."

The ones who actually have a better-than-average grasp of WT eschatology, anyway.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kassad84 - "There has been consolidating of powers. First the US, then the EU. Asia will be next.

Yup

Compare the number of governments there were 1000 years ago versus the number there are today, follow that curve, and a single, unified planetary government is arguably right around the corner, in fact.

And that, IMO, is a good thing.

kassad84 - "All you need to do is pass a law that will forbid religion."

Excuse me, but no.

It's not that simple, by any stretch of the imagination.

Unless you're a country like North Korea, laws cannot be just arbitrarily written; the democratic process - however flawed - gets used.

And a multinational organization like the UN trying to pass a resolution outlawing religion would be fruitless; among other reasons, the USA (the most religious country in the developed West) has veto authority over any US Security Council resolutions it doesn't like, and there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that they'd ever get behind something like that.

Take the "growing army of militant atheists on the march" propaganda with a big-ass grain of salt.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is the U.N. preparing to attack Religion

Baseless speculation derived from no practical evidence, could be best described as postulating bullshit.

Religious organizations have been using the power and influence of the UN to help in their operations in countries

where they having difficulties in doing so, even the WTS.

Another thing to consider is the fact that the UN is established in a country which has a strong religious

presence the United States.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Excellent analysis Terry - but you already knew that.

I was never able to reconcile having the UN turn on religion when most UN member are a part of religion. Then you have the question as to - what does it mean to turn on religion? If someone can explain that I will be able to sleep soundly.

- If it means that religious organizations will need to prove their charitable works to obtain non-tax status - I think that is a good thing.

- If it means that religious organizations will need to complete a publicly available IRS form 990 - I think that is a good thing.

Neither of those items suggest turning on religion - it simply means getting religion to follow the same rules as all NFP organizations. If it means anything other than money and tax status, I have no opinion and really don't care.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, Canada requires all non-profits, including religions, to publicly post their financials. Yes, I say about time the US did too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit