Need to find those Km or Wt articles encouraging all to read the old publications!

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BU2B
    BU2B

Wow great quotes.. Marking

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Yeah me too!! Marking!!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Great quotes.

Makes me almost be convinced that apostates are inside and write this stuff to surreptitiously awaken people.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

marking, also about that "Watchtower , February 15, 2013 quote - when they talk about examining our history, they mean going over the recent material about our history vs our history itself. They need to filter and whitewash the history so that it's acceptable to go over.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Now though I have been challenged to prove where this has been printed!

Just unbelievable, those slackers! Remind them what their standards are supposed to be, then pump them for information.

Perhaps they are exerting themselves too vigorously studying that new "Flock"-Book by itself.

Since theocracy is God rule, effective elders are thoroughly familiar with God’s will. (...) Elders too need to study and consult the Scriptures regularly and to be thoroughly familiar with Bible literature published by the faithful and discreet slave. (2 Timothy 3:14, 15) This includes the Watchtower and Awake! magazines and other publications* (...).

*Among such publications is the book “Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock,” which contains Scriptural guidelines and is provided for appointed congregation overseers, or elders.

w94 1/15 p. 17 par. 9

Elders especially have a responsibility in this regard when they teach the congregation. Whether conducting the Congregation Book Study or the Watchtower Study, giving public talks, or serving in any other teaching capacity, elders should be thoroughly familiar with their material and be ready to give attention to their “art of teaching” as they convey solid spiritual food to the congregation.—2 Timothy 4:2.

w96 1/1 p. 30

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Make sure you check with the elders as to which information in the "old publications" is okay to read. Otherwise you may have your eyes opened!

just saying

eyeuse2badub

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thank for all of your input!

Yes, it amazes me so much that stuff printed in the past is now considered "old light", hence cant be mentioned, taught or talked about...yet at one time it was in effect 'from jehovahs mouth'?

WTH?

So, yes...when will todays "new light" be tomorrows "old light"????

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

marked

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

marked. Excellent quotes.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Great quotes, thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest