The JW religion has just cost me my marriage & my family life

by jambon1 44 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

We all have in one way or another have been shafted by this religion and Trust me I know it hurts like hell!!

Just try to remember that through all the pain and distress you have a light at the end of it, while those that stay have a never ending life of never ever being good enough to deal with.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Oops truth seeker, meant to push like!
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

There is no greater pain than what WTS does to families.

Some would say that the death of a child is greater.

Without diminishing such a tragic thing, and thankfully not having experienced such a tragedy, I stand by this statement for the following.

Making a life-long commitment to a person, and then embracing the formidable challenge of caring for a little life, changes every fibre of an individual, and of a couple.

On an organizational, and on a local, level, there are MEN, often childless, some unmarried, who feel that THEY have the power to speak for The Creator of the Universe, and that said Creator has told your spouse that he/she should separate as you are a "spiritual" threat to him/her and to further isolate your children for the same reason.

6 “I myself have said, ‘YOU are gods,
    And all of YOU are sons of the Most High.
    7 Surely YOU will die just as men do;
    And like any one of the princes YOU will fall!’”

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

jambon1 sorry to hear the break-up of your family.

To my wife's own admission, even on a text message yesterday, she 'couldn't have asked for a better husband.' I worked hard and supported my family in every way possible.

My advice, get her to reply to your text message questions about how much of a great dad you have been. Once the JW's get hold of her over raising the children as JW clones then child custody can be a big issue.

• smiddy
    smiddy

jambon1

I am so sorry to hear this , how in the world can these leaders/ wannabee popes sleep at night , their should be a governmental inquiry into how certain religions destroy family life while at the same time declaring they promote family values.

Hypocritical Bastards that they are.

smiddy

• jambon1
    jambon1

Like I say, I find the most galling thing the inability of my wife to consider the objections of her husband of 20 years.

Take for example disfellowshipping. I have repeatedly explained to her that you cannot decide on the rightness of something based on a one sided story. We all know the society's take on disfellowshipping - it's loving, it takes faith, people thank you in the end for the shunning.

I really wanted my wife to read some accounts of those who were really negatively affected by it. The other side of it. The suicides, the depression, the feeling of social exclusion. She simply wouldn't do it.

That was only one area that I had massive reservations about. There were plenty more.

To give up on your marriage without even making an effort to see the other side of the story is absolutely astonishing to me.

• carla
    carla
    I'm so sorry jambon, in my thoughts, carla
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

jambon1

To give up on your marriage without even making an effort to see the other side of the story is absolutely astonishing to me.

I am having precisely the same problem with my wife, she will not even open the bible to have a discussion on any text. I can imagine how you feel, it is very hurtful, I have been married for 22 years.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am sorry. (( )) I hope for you that you are able to rebuild a life worth living very quickly and smoothly, with as little pain as possible.

Would you be able to take some time off and go somewhere new for a week, just to give yourself a mental change of venue? Somewhere peaceful or interesting, that fills your mind with the possibilities of a new life.

You have accomplished the division that your holy book brags about.

Well said.

• pbrow
    pbrow

jambon1... I agree with others here who have mentioned you are still the same great father. Your retribution is giving your children the freedom to be themselves... You have to be more involved with them now more than ever!! Your children are still young enough to get them involved in all the things that normal kids are involved with. YOU ARE THE FATHER! Do not ever feel sorry for that or sorry for standing up for your principles! You can still have an enormous positive impact in making sure that the JW bubble is popped. Give them a normal life and pop the fucking bubble!!

It has worked for me and it can work for you. It will not be easy and it will not be over night but it will be worth it.

Good luck brother,

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit