The JW religion has just cost me my marriage & my family life

by jambon1 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

jambon1

So sorry to hear of your marriage. Our thoughts are with you. It's amazing how much damage has been done by this cult!

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

The same happened to my marriage. I have a boy who is 2.5 years old.

The only advice I can give you. Continue to be a wonderful and loving dad to your children. Fight hard for your time with them. Don't let them be separated from you. Further their desire to question things and critically think. And don't speak in a negative way about their mum. Give them love, freedom and most certainly show them that love is unconditional.

I wish you all the best.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hi Jambon,

I am sorry to hear that this has happened and can only imagine the place you are in just now. I very much would agree with daniel1555 to keep close contact with your children as I am sure you do...also meet half way with your wife....always remember, it isn't her fault. Time is also a healer. Just to let know you and your family are in our thoughts.

TE

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm very sorry.

I don't think my marriage would have lasted if we hadn't left together.

• zeb
    zeb
    You have pm
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere
    So sorry. I am also in a divided marriage and not sure if it will survive. But you will survive. Be strong.
  • hybridous
    hybridous
    So absolutely sorry to hear.

Despite your best efforts, sometimes, these is no 'win' to be had. Let it stand as a testament to what we are up against.

I wish you (and all of us caught in this) the best possible outcome. Time, and reason, are on our side....
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

So sorry to hear it. If there is to be a custody hearing, go to the Freeminds web site and read Lying In Court a review of the Watchtower's booklet, "Preparing For Child Custody Cases". Their playbook is somewhat dated and is no longer a secret, but it is wise to know what you can be facing. How that affects you and the best response will vary by local law and court procedures and is something to discuss with a lawyer. I wish you the strength to see this through!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

FAQ's to WTS

Do JW's break up families?

No, we encourage families to stay together.

FINE PRINT

• jambon1
    jambon1

Thank you for your comforting remarks.

Essentially, this talk given at a convention a couple of years ago sums it all up.

http://youtu.be/7yLdwe_6JsU

What is sinister about it is the manner in which they seem to take pride in it all. Absolutely no shame or sorrow over what they do to families the world over.

As it stands, I feel so angry that some sort of retribution seems appropriate. I worry for what I'm capable of as I feel so frustrated and angry right now. But I'll not.

I feel completely shafted by this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit