The JW religion has just cost me my marriage & my family life

by jambon1 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's incredibly sad.

Ending of a marriage is one of the highest stressors anyone can experience. The effects are very similar to suffering from the death of a loved one.

And I agree with GT... you were, are, and still can be a great Dad.

• maksutov
    maksutov
    Very sad. It is tragic what this religion does to families.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Continue to be a good father and do not give the JWs reason to believe they were right by you ruining your life now that you have left the Org.

Provide a good example and in time your children will follow.

SL

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Your wife will be interview in a regional convention as an example for other wives. Loyalty to the Org=Putting God's kingdom first.

Many more families will be destroyed. Probably including mine... Very tragic consequences for waking up...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I noticed that I posted this 8 months ago and similar posts in the past.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/284405/conflict-living-divided-home-finally-getting-me-8-years-later-advice-please

I read the post from 8 months ago and saw that you got some great advice about seeking counseling. I'm curious as to if you did that in any form?

My wife and I benefited greatly from seeing a therapist (not about differences in religion) and as a result of it I'm a strong advocate of counseling.

Doc

• prologos
    prologos
    My fellow feelings. too sad for words. but life has often triumphed after what seems a dead end. blessings in disguise.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I'm sorry that your marriage has fallen apart.

When I think about the relationships that will be destroyed due to my fade, I try to live by this:

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly. - Buddha (supposedly)

It's not easy to do, but there will be moments of clarity if you attempt it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I feel for you. So sorry to read this.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I'm sorry to hear that.

Who has custody of the children?

• Ding
    Ding
    Very, very sorry...

Share this

Google+