Same sex marriage legalised in the UK at midnight tonight!!!

by DuvanMuvan 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

JustHuman14 I think you may be mistaking transsexuals for homosexuals. These are not the same thing. However there is undoubtedly an advantage to having a certain percentage of homosexuals in a group of humans when it comes to survival.

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

I don't see why this type of behavior is celebrated. I understand being okay with gay relationships, but celebrating it as if its some sort of positive is confusing. Celebrating homosexuality is basically reverse evolution.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

What has evolution got to do with anything? It's not like the human race has a problem with population growth, quite the opposite. A certain percentage of the population will be gay, no matter what laws there are. It's ridiculous in this day and age to think you can change sexual orientation with laws.

Gays will get married, the world will keep revolving, the population will keep growing.

All is well, and all shall be well.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

This can't be right.

I can distinctly remember a brother on the platform years ago saying "We know the end is close brothers, because homosexuals wan't to get married and God would never allow the sacred arrangement of marriage to be polluted like that."

Don't tell me they got something else wrong?!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

OH BOY a gay marriage thread. These are always best. Let me get my flame retardant suit ready.

Here, I'll make it simple. If you're against gay marriage you are a regressive bigot. There's no sensible argument to ban it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVIwepliNeo

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

If all males became celibate Catholic priests, and all females became celibate Catholic nuns, the human race would die out in about 100 years. So we'd better put a stop to Catholics!!! See, isn't that an absurd statement? Likewise, "everyone' isn't going to become gay. The human race isn't going to die out.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

@band on the run someone else will probably explain it better than me but I think it was in the house of lords or something like that. I remember on the news a few months ago about the vote being passed on a 3:1 vote or something like that.

@wizzstick evidently the brother meant that god would stop it from becoming polluted after an unknown amount of time. But rest assured, god will sancitfy the marriage union before this generation's overlap dies out. So stand firm in the troof, pioneer and donate to the world wide work because remember, god loves a cheerful giver.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I , for once, have nothing but praise for our politicians for changing the Law to include this small minority, who up until now have been excluded from marriage.

We now need to influence the Bigots of this world to change their view, and the Law in their countries.

Just a question, how do they now refer to their partner once married ? they can still say partner of course, or even the old joke "My better half" is quite pleasant, but neither convey the legal status that they now enjoy. Just wondering.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

I'm guessing husband or wife if anything

• cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit