The Noah Movie

by Quarterback 58 Replies latest social entertainment

• Heaven
    Heaven

Captain America was #1 at the box office this past weekend, beating out Noah.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Last I saw, the Noah Movie dropped 62 % during the weekend.

I'm waiting to see Nebraska, when it becomes a rental. I just saw, 12 Years a Slave. Excellent movie, very sad, but ends well.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

The movie left a lot of unanswered questions, and raised even more in my mind:

Ham wanders off by the end of the movie, no offspring for him (and no one to scapegoat for the slaughtering of Canaanites under Moses' and Joshua's ethnic cleansing program (pogrom?), or to justify hundreds of years of African slavery in later years.)

I looked up Tubal-Cain. In many traditions, he is considered the ancestor of the smithy, and figures prominently in Masonic ritual. But, if he did not survive the flood, then who carried on the traditions of iron works and metallurgy, especially if Noah was so dead set against any vestiges of the Old World surviving (except murder, apparently; They start that one right up again when they hit dry land.)

Tubal-Cain's character was more interesting than Noah. He is shown to be an angry man, who is disregards The Creator, but at the same time, is angry that He won't talk to him as he talks to Noah. But the bad guys always seem more interesting than the good guys in most stories.

The movie shows the fallen angels being called back home after they defend the Ark from the armies of Tubal-Cain. This is definitely a new idea to me, since I was always taught that they never got to return, and they were angry that their children (the Nephilim) were drowned with the rest of humanity. Now, I am not in any way defending WT interpration of Genesis, but I did find it interesting that in this story, these "Watchers" were able to redeem themselves (even though the way they ascended reminded me of the movie "This Is The End", when Seth Rogan and Jay Baruchel get called to Heaven on a beam of light while Whitney Houston sings "I Will Always Love You").

When the little girl asks Noah to sing her to sleep, I hoped that Russell Crowe would start singing lyrics from "Les Miserables".

• Bella15
    Bella15

@JNAT ... good to know, the last time I went I thought my 3-d glasses were broken or something ...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

We miscalculated the time and got to the theater an hour early for another movie, so we watched about a half hour of it. It's not something I would pay to see. I am not a Russel Crow fan, so meh. I just thought about how silly I was to believe that the flood story could ever have been true. In the part I watched, the daughter in law was pregnant, and Noah told her if she had a girl he had to kill the child. It was just stupid.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I can understand movie producers/directors etc. taking libertiies in making a movie like this , but surely they should have kept a reasonable account of the story as it was written ?

Problems , I thought killed the movie,for me anyway.

Didnt noahs sons have wives ?

Wasnt their eight souls on the Ark ? Noah , Shem , Ham , and japeth , and their wives ?

I dont remember a stowaway on the ark

The watchers/transformer type /angels ?

The rebellion of his son ?

Noah on the verge of sacrificing two children ? on the ark .

I would not recommend it to anybody religous or otherwise

smiddy

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, Smiddy. It won't be long before this one is a rental.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I saw Nebraska last night. I enjoyed it and felt that it was realistic, although in black and white. I would recommend this one over Noah

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wasanelder Once - "I would rename it 'Noah meets the Transformers'."

Rock Lords - the gritty reboot/origin story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit