The Noah Movie

by Quarterback 58 Replies latest social entertainment

• BU2B
    BU2B

I agree with Jgnat about Nebraska. I just watched it and it was very good.

Quarterback- Did you mean 25% biblical fantasy, 75 % original fantasy? lol

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The girl who became pregnant was Shem's wife. Ham's brand new girlfriend was run over by a mob while being stuck in a trap. She missed the boat. Ham was ticked at Noah for not helping her.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

BU2B: The Movie Director stated that he couldn't use the material in the Bible because there isn't much there. Well, I find that he didn't use what little there was.

i.e Noah's 3 sons had been married before they entered the ark. The Bible shows that Noah's first born, Japheth was born 20 yrs after Jah had announced the deluge. Two yrs after that Shem was born.

The Bible doesn't give us a date for when Ham was born. The movie was off on those details, but this is just a fragment.

I know that some don't even beleive in the Noah deluge account but, that's not the point. Noah is a Biblical story, it has been transferred into many children's story books. If they could get it right, why screw up this story for the adults?

• Violia
    Violia

Noah was mean in this movie but the Real problem with the movie is them using Transformer looking monsters to portray the fallen angels. wow. The movie could have been fairly good had it not been for that. It made the movie SILLY and I was embarrassed to have seen it.

Nebraska was great and so was Dallas Buyers Club. We have not seen any other of the Oscar nominations yet but plan to.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

We just saw it. Painful. Fallen angels = Transfomers. They make Noah out to be a nut job. Who thinks up this stupid stuff?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Thank you, I am going to go!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Enjoy, Sarah.

Just leave the Bible behind, and expect to see another story. The effects were cool.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

How good is the angel-to-girl sex ratio? Would like to see some of that and also all 8 survivors banging each other and shoveling big elephant shit out of the tiny windows, missing most of the time. Great stuff for a movie.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Is Jennifer Connelly naked at any point during the movie? That's the only circumstance in which I might see it. Especially in IMAX.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Nebraska was great and so was Dallas Buyers Club. We have not seen any other of the Oscar nominations yet but plan to.

American Hustle is a good movie as well. I've seen Wolf of Wall Street, too. It's not bad, but a bit too gratuitous, IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit