The Noah Movie

by Quarterback 58 Replies latest social entertainment

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

Aronofsky obviously has hard time after his divorce with Rachel Weisz.
    Sometimes he makes decent movies like Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler and Black Swan, but sometimes.. such crap as Noah

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

i can't believe anymore that there is a blurry line as to whether this is considered fiction or historical...... earthwide flood? earthwide facepalm!

• Comatose
    Comatose

lol snare.

I couldn't watch it personally. The flood is why I am now out of the WT and normal. I couldn't sit through 2 hours of movie modeled after that story. Even if it is an inaccurate telling. My brain would melt.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I wanted to watch it in hopes that it would "resemble" the Bible story and make anyone watching it know how insane of a fable it is. I just got back and it was so far fetched that, that wouldn't even happen. It was all and all too long

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Probably in the top 10 of worst movies I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of them

surely you have seen them all

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Sorry Keyser, the only person to get naked in this movie is Russel Crowe.

• Violia
    Violia

Sorry for all you folks hoping to see sex scenes between women and angels. There was one brief hot scene between Shem and his wife ( after grandfather had cured her barrenness ). No nudity except the part where Noah got drunk and the sons cover him up. No real nudity there either, thank goodness.The movie should have stayed within the confines of the Scriptures. There was lots of room for stories. If anyone has read" Angels and women" you know that would have made a great story.

I still can't believe they used Transformers instead of giants. What were they thinking?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I overheard a jw couple talking about it and how they walked out after half an hour because it was "obviously demonic". LOL.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

demonic? no why the heck would they say that? It was childish and silly want to be mysterious but didn't work...

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

I went in with no expectations even after reading many reviews positive and negative. Sure there were some things that were just outright "brazingly" wrong. You would think ((((spoiler alert)))---the director/writer would at least show Noah's boys each having a wife!

At the same time since the biblical account is generic in someways its open to a figment of the (someones) imagination.

The director said he used the dead sea scrolls and book of enoch as part of his resources. I will have to look into those things.

Bottom line--if you want a hollywood version go see it-----if you are looking for verse-by-verse account please don't go see it to save youself some mental drama. if you want to talk controversy wait til the DVD and have some friends over and let the drama begin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit