Don't miss the health care sign up deadline.

by FlyingHighNow 55 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sign up deadline is the 31st, in a couple of days. If you have problems with the website and youve been there before, try cleaning out your cookies and cache, then restart your computer. That worked for me. www.healthcare.gov 1-800-318-2596

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If you make a profile today and hit snags, clear cookies and cache and restart your computer.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Spread the word. Let everyone know. Facebook it. Twitter it.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I am very thankful we were allowed to keep our health insurance for another year! We escaped this mandate, with our private insurance intact... for now.

We simply could not afford the options available to us under the Affordable Care Act.

We are a middle-class family of four, and the deductibles and monthly premiums for basic health care options under the new health care exchange are way out of our price range.

If we lose our insurance next year, we will be using one of the Christian health care cost-sharing options. Obama-care is not in our budget.

If you are a Christian, you have other options. Google Christian Health Care Options, and you will find a few ways to opt-out of this burdensome health care mandate:

www.medi-share.org

www.samaritanministries.org

Recent news stories about this option, which weigh the pros and cons of health care cost sharing:

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/28/227238887/the-religious-alternative-to-obamacares-individual-mandate

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/03/christian-alternative-to-obamacare-growing-fast-as-deadline-nears/

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100935430

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/07/a-christian-alternative-to-health-insurance/260112/

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You likely qualify for tax credits to offset your premiums, especially with a family of four. Im happy to have insurance. Because of a previous medical problem, I was unable to get insurance before. Now I can be insured. Find out for yourselves. Every cicrumstance is different.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

the ACA helps the poor, which is great, but it totally fucks over the middle-class. It's a terrible bill and I still have no clue as to why UHC wasn't put into law, especially since the Dems had the majority in both houses at the time. Instead a law was passed that does nothing but keep health insurance companies in business, which is a horrible thing

• factfinder
    factfinder

I am unemployed and cannot afford ANY health care- I can make no payments at all. I have no taxes to pay as I have no income, so tax credits are useless to me.

Obamacare is a joke.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

factfinder, what state do you live in?

barrold, what do you mean, personally, when you say middle class? Are you speaking about a single person or a family? What incomes.

I am disappointed that Barack didn't hold out for the government option. I can say that the aca is at least a beginning, a foot in the door to health care reform. I am just glad someone got it started. It sure wasn't working the way it was.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Hahahahahaha... Yeah right. I'll pay the $93 fine. If I get sick - No pre-existing conditions, sign me up! Ain't Obamacare grand. Sorry, but my young, strong, healthy, lower middle class ass isn't paying $280 dollars a month for a plan with a deductible that will break my ass anyway. Go find another sucker. Who dreams this shit up anyway?

• Viviane
    Viviane

You know, every single person I've talked to that says the ACA is screwing them over didn't actually know what it does, how to sign up, what was covered, how to use credits or deductions.

Just the other days I was talking to someone who said the ACA was screwing him out of insurance by doubling the cost of his private plan.... I challeneged him to show me (I had my laptop).... turns out his really really bad plan was half the cost of the best ACA plan and worst ACA plan was better than his existing and cost less, even before we checked to see if he qualified for tax credits.

I agree that UHC is the way to go, but given how uneducated and ready to screw themselves Americans seem determined to be, we won't get there anytime soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit