Describe What a Jehovah's Witness Elder Is Like

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

I agree with the unfeeling, robotic, drone-like reponses....

• minimus
    minimus

Snare, of course the religion is false from the core but it doesn't mean that there was never an elder that tried to do the right things.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Having been an Elder for over 20 years, I did find the job rewarding. I liken it to a "pleasure drug", a high if I may. You are up and front of the congregation on a weekly basis, a stand out when at the Assemblies, Quick Builds, etc. I did always feel like I was not doing enough(now it sickens me when they push regular and aux pioneering on a weekly basis). Next month in the KM, they want you to use your vacation time to Pioneer. You become so wrapped up in "The Truth", that when the family wants to get away for a week, you feel guilty, you have to tell them that you are going to be gone a week, and you know some of your fellow Elders are jealous of you, because they are making many sacrifices "for the Truth", and you are going on a vacation. The only time I did any serious study is when I had to prepare a new Public Talk. That is me, I just didn't want to bore everyone from reading from an outline. Even today when I have a talk on the school for example on these individuals in the Bible we know little or nothing about, I just look for one quality good or bad about the person and center my talk on that one point.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was an elder and I wanted to help. Sadly, my efforts were quashed by the bully boy elders who just went by the vitriolic implications in the flock book.

A BOE is only the thoughts of the biggest bully and power tripper on that body.

It became obvious to me that it was just the workings of a big cruel corporation that was controlling the R&F in its cruel and heartless way.

• minimus
    minimus

It was a good feeling, knowing you could help someone and that they weren't afraid of you because you had a position.

• DJS
    DJS

Snare is right. I was an elder and tried to 'lighten the load' as much as I could. I quickly saw how that strategy wasn't going to work out so well. Are there good men/elders drawn to serve to do the right thing and help? Of course. However, organizations are egoist by nature, which means the organization comes first and last. The men who show that reverence of the Borg's leaders are more likely to become elders and the elders who support the Borg's leaders are much more likely to thrive. Elders who wish to lighten the load will quickly become disillusioned (like me) or fall in line (not like me).

The Borg ultimately is a dark, hate-filled, nasty cult. Its leaders will reflect that sooner or later or go along with those who do, which is essentially the same thing. Trying to fix it or modify it from the lower ranks is impossible. The Borg, as they remind everyone in every magazine, prayer and public talk, is the only channel used by god. They and they alone are the be-all and end-all. Elder who do not align with that are short for the Borg's world.

That is why, whenever anyone on this site asks about JCs or dealing with the BOE, I tell them the same thing every time. The dark side will seek to destroy them and those who belong to them if they do not comply. The sheep will not be treated as sheep. If you are exiting or thinking about exiting or even having doubts, keep them to yourself, exit quiety and quickly and take all that belongs to you with you if possible. You won't like the results otherwise.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Cunning

Scott77

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My JW elder husband was lovely, he really tried to help the brothers and sisters. We visited the sick and depressed - there were a hell of a lot of those. But he was only an elder for four years before we left. He found out what really went on in the body of elders when he started attending their meetings, then it was only a matter of time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Describe What a Jehovah's Witness Elder Is Like

...........................JehoBot Witness Elder..

....................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• DJS
    DJS

Xanthippe,

Ditto. Your husband's experience is nearly identical to mine. To be fair, there are good men in the BOE, but they are working in a corrupted system controlled by the dark lords (GB) in Brooklyn or wherever their Death Star currently resides.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit