Describe What a Jehovah's Witness Elder Is Like

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

To see the congo. secretary and his MS minions review and update the territory cards before the CO visit,

you would think they were preparing for financial year-end audits for a Fortune 500 company.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Roosters.

• minimus
    minimus

Just visiting, that was very funny. You gotta understand, this is serious business!

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

My experiences with Elders is much different than what is posted here. True it has been many years since I've been an active witness, but while I was active, the elders in my congregation did care. Yes, they were hypocrites at times when it came to their family, but overall decent men. I would over look their flaws, mostly because I felt sorry for them. The actions of the Elders didn't impact my attitude to the religion. The bible is full of examples that God considered holy men that were killers of women and children. It is the teachings of the prophecies by the GB, and to be honest if they were to get just one right I might believe.

• kaik
    kaik

I had nice elders in my KH and also bunch of arrogant pricks who thought they knew it all. The nice elders were generally educated and fathers, and not dogmatic, but never were as important in the organization. Others I could imagine as a cold, souless prison guard in Nazi Germany. No feeling, emotion, affection. Extremely totalitarian and authorative. There were also one or two elders as jgnat describes as salesman. I think like good cop, bad cop combo. The cold dictators who would threaten anyone with DFs or armageddon; pushing children into baptism, feeling entitled to date the prettiest sisters in the KH, and were known as wife-beater or child beater. The good cop elders were always so optimistics playing on your feelings and emotions, I feel my DO was like that.

• minimus
    minimus

The elders in my moms congregation are very kind to her. I think it all depends upon the personalities of the men.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I think it all depends upon the personalities of the men.

Aren't all JW's supposed to be clothed with the "new personality"? Love, joy, blah blah.. so you are saying that the elders are not? Only some of them, lol...

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

The elders in our hall are quite nice, but definate organisation men. one elder got the shock of his life when I said I couldn't attend a zone visit as I had committed to working that day. he told me about 2 weeks beforehand. It was as if he was saying in his mind ' what! a GB member giving a talk and you decline an invite to the zone visit

• minimus
    minimus

They live in their own little world.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"The ceeam of the crop has gone...."

The religion has never been true and the elders have never had real authority from god, just a man made dictaitorship.

For as long as elders have destroyed families and lives, there has been no cream and no crop.

An elder that smiles as he disfellowships you or hugs you as he reproves you, is still a human in a position he does not deserve.

An elder has always gained the position, not from bible knowledge or study,mbut by loyalty to the orgsnisation. They are nothing better than mafia footsoldiers.

For those of us with rose tinted glasses of the past, sunny weekends at the assembly and loving elders wanting us to live forever....wake up! Behind the scenes people were still getting stamped on and disfellowshipped. The reason you look back so fondly was because you were immersed in a mind control, brain washed state of mind, everything was candy floss! ......it wasn't! Tne further back in literature you go, the more hurrendous the doctrines were on rape, vaccines, science, medicine, personal sex life, thinking....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit