Not All Anointed Ones Alive Today Are Part Of 'This generation'

by OwnAccord 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LarsScott
    LarsScott

I read the entire article in the WT Jan 15. Is this the first time that the two groups of anointed is mentioned in JW literature? There's absolutely no biblical reference given. I'd like to know if there's some earlier explanation of the two groups or if this the first mention of it.

BTW I'm brand new to the group. Ex-JW raised in it. I'm really glad to have found you.

Thanks, LS

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi LarsScott... Welcome to JWN. Your home away from home. lol

If you would like, you can start a new thread under "friends" and tell us a bit about yourself.

Only what you feel comfortable sharing.

Once you post you have 30 minutes to edit. Just click the little yellow pencil on your upper right.

Take care.

LoisLane

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Welcome, LarsScott. This new teaching was previously introduced in a 2010 WT article, though a number of us missed it at that time (I know I did, maybe because I was irregularly attending or because it was introduced so abruptly and tersely). Read the quote from the 2010 article here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/187399/1/NEW-GENERATION-DEFINED-April-15-2010-Watchtower

But to answer your question, no, there has never been any scriptural support given for the specific concept of two groups of anointed that overlap. The Society does not feel that they need to provide a scripture to support this because in their opinion, this still meets the definition of a generation -- a group of people with different ages who are alive at the same time. The problem with this is not their definition of "generation" but rather the fact that the old teaching had the generation revolving around the anchor year of 1914. Now the anchor point of the generation is as late as ~1992 (the year F. Franz died), for no clearly stated reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit