Not All Anointed Ones Alive Today Are Part Of 'This generation'

by OwnAccord 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OwnAccord
    OwnAccord

Where do they come up with this stuff?

This is a topic on 'the other site'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually called our Bethel NY Branch and talked to a brother on the Writing Committee, at Writing Correspondence. He said there are actaully 3 GROUPS of anointed ones. 2 groups make up this "this generation". Its the 1914 older anointed ones, and the contempories that OVERLAP the 1914 anointed older group. The 3rd anointed group, are TRUELY ANOINTED ONES, but, they are NOT included in "this generation'' group.

He said, what determines an anoited one being of the OLDER 1914 ANOINTED GROUP, is they were ANOINTED AT THE MOMENT OF "THEIR BAPTISM", NO LATER THAN OCT 1,1914. The brother said, a perfect example would be Brother Fred Franz of the Governing Body,Bro Franz was born in 1893 and he was baptized in 1913, one year before 1914.

He said if a brother was born, in say, 1890,but later got baptized in 1915,1916,or 1917, that ANOINTED brother would be the 2nd contempory anointed group.

He also said, Bro John Barr, was OF "this generation", BUT, he was of the 2nd anointed contempory overlap group. Because he was BORN IN 1913, but later got BAPTIZED in 1934.

There is STILL ONE OVERLAP! he said. Now the 3rd anointed group is NOT PART of the "THIS GENERATION" anointed ones.

He said, " ALL the 1914 Anointed Older Group have died of 10 to 20 years ago. So those who are left are the 3rd group to be anointed or sealed.

And that this Great Tribulation is about to get started any day soon. We talked for about 10 minutes. I tell ya, those brothers are DEEEEEEP!!!!!, on the Writing Committee!

• OwnAccord
  • ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Well, I'm confused

• pixel
    pixel

They are deeeepppp in BS. This people are crazy!

Actually, this is coming up in a study magazine in a couple of weeks.

• Londo111
  • kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

They don't actually believe that. No intelligent person would believe that Jesus meant that. As soon as I read that new teaching scales fell from my eyes.

• hoser
    hoser

Hmm never heard that explanation before. Maybe there will be a new watchtower explaining the overlap of the overlap of the overlap

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

This is utter nonsense and I'm not talking about the explanation...it is nonsense in that this is what the GB believe...I'm not sure where this info comes from but it is utter nonsense that anyone on the Writing Committee or an anointed JW would provide such an explanation...

• hoser
    hoser

other than dumping the 1914 date they have no choice but come up with crazy explanations about this generation in Matt 24:34

• pixel
    pixel

16 The second group included in “this generation” are anointed contemporaries of the first group. They were not simply alive during the lifetime of those in the first group, but they were anointed with holy spirit during the time that those of the first group were still on earth. Thus, not every anointed person today is included in “this generation” of whom Jesus spoke. Today, those in this second group are themselves advancing in years. Yet, Jesus’ words at Matthew 24:34 give us confidence that at least some of “this generation will by no means pass away” before seeing the start of the great tribulation. This should add to our conviction that little time remains before the King of God’s King- dom acts to destroy the wicked and usher in a righteous new world.—2 Pet. 3:13.

Is this what the OP is referring to?

Source: Watchtower (Study Ed.) January 15, 2014

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit