Discussion with some elders

by GoUnion 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fernando
    Fernando

In response to your question GoUnion, I would say that at its heart this organisation is indeed inherently evil.

Like all villains it is however well versed in camouflage (to hide what it is) and projection (accusing others of its own crimes).

Psychiatrist Morgan Scott Peck defined evil as "militant ignorance" and characterised it as "malignant self-righteousness".

If you were to make a study of the "Good News" according to Paul and examine the Watchtower organisation in this light, it becomes as clear as day.

You might be interested to do the following searches in the wt library:

- "legalism"

- "learning from an experiment that failed"

These great articles read as if written by Ray Franz.

• phats
    phats

Hi GoUnion,

I must agree with many of the posters here, You are skating on very thin ice on this one Sir & I think you will need lady luck on your side if you are not to get flagged up for sounding like a "BAD MACHINE" (See the film Midnight Express)

One thing I would say is, you said your well founded (doesn't matter to them) & well thought out (still doesn't matter to them) concerns to "2" Elders. This puts a problem for these 2 elders because they know what they are ordered to do by the LO (Loving Organization) & now each one knows what the other one heard from your very lips. If one is a lib then fine but one may be a hard nose or even if both are libs together they will have less opportunity to just keep it to themselves.

When I was in my fade & even now after 8 years fully out I never would talk to any elders or even brothers if there were more than one in on the conversation. This dose 2 things. 1. they need the second witness & 2. It gives them a chance to keep it to themselves without worrying wether the other is going to make any waves.

In my opinion, they have there "spiritual warfare" & I have my "freedom warfare" (It's a re brand) It's about playing to there rules of engagement because they have the power (right or wrong) to shut you down & if & when this ball starts rolling you are going to be out on your ear or find yourself lying through your teeth to stop the onslaught that will (I'm pretty sure) come your very unwelcome way.

I don't want to come over all heavy but ones this ball starts a rolling there's not much that can be done to hold it back.

I wish you all the very best man but "box clever on this one Sir... Please.

Phats,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit