Discussion with some elders

by GoUnion 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

I have never ever viewed the GB as evil - just mesmerized by their own well-intentioned sense of importance and specialness. All humans are prone to being corrupted by power so again, it has less to do with evil than their well-intentioned mistaking their convictions for Biblical Truth. It takes genuine humility to say, "This is just our opinion" and to refrain from punishing people who dare to question it.

JWs are not alone, though, for there is no shortage of well-intentioned religious groups who have sincere convictions that theirs (alone) is the Truth.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Ray Franz said it best for me when he used the expression, "victims of victims" in describing the organization. Of course, in order for there to be a victim, there must be a perpetrator. From what I know of the organization, that perpatrator was JF Rutherford, the architect of the Witness religion. Was he evil? I believe he was. He coveted, stole and manipulated. His ego, ambition and vengeful nature knew no bounds. Even his close associates in leadership were victims of his. On this foundation was constructed the unhealthy tradition that claims victims to this day.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Go Union, Go Union! ... just go a little quieter :-)

I have just seen this thread.. and was about to write what Oubilette captured so 'right on the money.'

I am a wife, my husband was an elder. We are both out, humans should not interfere in other humans marriages.

There is a couple in our hall (ex-hall for 2 years now) where the husband awakened to TTAT (maybe before us) but he

never said anything to any one....... Then he started talking....... his wife "turned him in.... "

It brings to mind the word "Nazi." "One case involved a teenager named Walter Hess

who turned in his father for calling Hitler a crazed maniac.

His father was then hauled off to Dachau under Schutzhaft (protective custody).

For setting such an example, Hess was promoted to a higher rank within the HJ."

Nazi's could be very cold hearted, follow orders, "yes sir!" "Heil Hitler!"

I have seen the same earnestnest to please the GB as of late.

First: We want to say we love you and miss you

Second: They talk with you listen to you, find out how loyal you are to "The Borg"

Third: If you do not agree, use the right terminology, they call you a few days later to say (yep, they met without you) that you are soon to be announced as "No longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses".......

• cha ching
    cha ching

There is soon to be (if as reported) a one day "elder's school" soon.

I am sure it will be very legalistic, very "get rid of the people who think for themselves" type of a deal.

There has already been a "talk" in the hall near us about "treating those who do not attend or go out in service as "mentally ill" and "liars, like their father the Devil"

It will effect you.... it will........ be careful...

Best thing you can do? Take your wife on dates, do fun things, have fun memories with her! Yah!

She won't want to miss any of that! :-)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm surprised they haven't disfellowshiped you.

• DJS
    DJS

Your wife rolled on you, huh? She's a snitch,huh? Not very loyal is she? As OTWO indicates, don't be fooled by the pleasant coffe talk chatter from the elders. The Borg has a dark side and you are about to see it. You will be considered a threat to the entire congregagtion. I would suggest keeping your views to yourself, quiety and quckly fading and find another wife. You don't see or understand how utterly dysfunctional all of this is. You will one day. Good luck.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

According to the bible, the Jewish Saul hunted down and killed Christians for going against what he THOUGHT was the correct religion. So the bible records an instance where a person can be sincere in their beliefs and still be a murderer, correct? Is it too much of a stretch to believe that today there are people that have a belief or perception that they are correct and directed by a god and that anything that tries to slow that down or get in the way will be done away with.

Their minds are thinking delusional thoughts at this time and their prime directive is to increase membership to the group and if and when you get in the way of this directive by trying to save a member you will be "taken out" as far as their powers will allow them. They can't prevent ones that have left from talking but they can prevent ones still in from hearing what you may have to say. The elders themselves proved that by their comment about not sharing this info with your wife or others.

NJY

• Clambake
    Clambake

Hello

• Master_Bob
    Master_Bob

notjustyet is right, they (elders, the GB) may have good intentions, but they dont respect human's freedom. They think they have the right to force people doing sth they think is some God's will. Any totalitarian regime does the same. Just think about Stalin or Hitler, they didn't say "let's become evil", no, they just THOUGHT that they have the ultimate solution to all problems, so that gave them the right to inforce their regime. Does it remind you of any modern "regime"?? "Determining Whether a Judicial Committee Should Be Formed", the 5th chapter of Shepherding book is a must read for everybody. Read what it says about apostasy and make sure you won't give your elders the opportunity to charge you: Deliberately spreading teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jebovahls Wit~ nesses: (Acts 21:21, fin.; 2 John 71 9, 10) Any with sincere doubts should be helped. Firm, loving counsel should be given. (2 Tim. 2: 16-19, 23-26; Jude 22, 23) If one obstinately is speaking about or deliberately spreading false teachings, this may be or may lead to apostasy. If there is no response after a first and a second admonition, a judidal committee should be formed. -Titus 3:10, 11; w89 10/1 p. 19; w86 4/1 pp. 30- 31; w86 3/15 p. 15. • Causing divisions and promoting sects: This would be deliberate action disrupting the unity of the congregation or undermining the confidence of the brothers in Jehovah's arrangement. It may involve or lead to apostasy.-Rom. 16:17, 18; Titus 3:10, 11; it-2 p. 886.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That is one seriously disloyal wife you have, going and telling those men about your private lawful conduct you do in your own home.

It's none of their business and you are under no obligation to talk with them. And her, I find that conduct untrustworthy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit